Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 28th Oct 2009 11:03am
[Linked Image]

Knock Out Round - Ends 3rd November at 9pm

Only 3 cars will make the Final Vote.

Please read the details of members cars.

Keep the banter fair and in the spirt of the competition.

Tell us why your car should win!!

9 Cars to choose from
Pictures are from members MMC Topics,
Find and host your best ones - Good luck everyone happy

-----------------------------------------------

Rhys - Mazda RX8

[Linked Image]

Paul Mc aka golfvr - Passat 20vT

[Linked Image]

Joe - BMW E36

[Linked Image]

Craig - MG ZS

[Linked Image]

Kamil - Honda Civic Lsi

[Linked Image]

Dave100e - Nissan 200sx S14a

[Linked Image]

Spinking - Nissan 200sx

[Linked Image]

Sausage - Corsa 1.4

[Linked Image]

Chris - S13/RB26 Drifter

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 28th Oct 2009 11:10am
Well Ill explain why mine SHOULDNT win raftl

I hate cars now. Ok the Alfa had problems, which was to be expected. But to buy a 2004 car, with little mileage, only to find out that the Brake discs are made of chocolate (and the replacement ones as well!!) then to have problems with fuses (as of last night)..

Oh, and also body panels that bend and dent as soon as you touch them somad

Basically, Im sick and tired of having "decent" cars. Maybe Ill look at a boring Focus or Astra or something in a few years raftl raftl

But yeah, vote for the MG because its rare as, is still a work in progress (if and when I get money) and has a lot of potential. Its also been modified "Professionally" (thanks MG) happy

Go on, vote and make me happy frown
Posted By: golfvr Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 28th Oct 2009 11:54am
mine should win, coz.... er dunno. I guess besides the paint,the work has been done by me,with limited know how. And is a daily driven car,which is also shown at several car shows per year.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 28th Oct 2009 12:57pm
Mine civic should win cos its rare US version with great brand parts, i'm doing this car in different style than other tuners like JDM, i modifying engine instead of body and i think im going in good way! btw. i'm modifying this car for about 6 months and it's still W.I.P
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 28th Oct 2009 1:17pm
Originally Posted by MGCraig
Well Ill explain why mine SHOULDNT win raftl

I hate cars now. Ok the Alfa had problems, which was to be expected. But to buy a 2004 car, with little mileage, only to find out that the Brake discs are made of chocolate (and the replacement ones as well!!) then to have problems with fuses (as of last night)..

Oh, and also body panels that bend and dent as soon as you touch them somad

Basically, Im sick and tired of having "decent" cars. Maybe Ill look at a boring Focus or Astra or something in a few years raftl raftl

But yeah, vote for the MG because its rare as, is still a work in progress (if and when I get money) and has a lot of potential. Its also been modified "Professionally" (thanks MG) happy

Go on, vote and make me happy frown
SHould have kept the Micra mate. grin
Posted By: Mark Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 29th Oct 2009 11:30pm
You should all be able to vote again now. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 29th Oct 2009 11:33pm
Id already voted... does this mean I have lost my vote? Because it still say's ive already voted.

frown
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 12:26am
no, the vote has always been working smile

Just when the topic was made to a global announcement, the topic could not be replied to.

Sorted now though wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 10:36am
Originally Posted by Beny90
Mine civic should win cos its rare US version

is yours deffo a US model, I mean apart from the fact its a right hooker I cant seem to see many of the tell tale signs indicating that it is. The only thing I can spot is the bump strips are missing on the front bumper, which is a classic sign of US civic's. All the yank ricers go crazy for our bumpers cause of the bump strips. I personally prefer your with the smooth look. Does it have a cup holder in the centre section?
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 11:56am
first of all here is the link if you want to know some things about this version of civic -> LINK and about cup holder... its missing because this guy who own this car before, broke and take this off... next: i've never seen bump strips on coupe version from 99-00 so maybe show me one of these?!? and i've done the picture for you [Linked Image]
sorry about the quality, i've got usa sign on my engine block as well...
sorry if i'm doing grammar mistakes
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 12:01pm
Yet its right hand drive...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 1:59pm
That could just be where the electrical part originates; and the engine? Im not disupting the fact, because I know nothing much about it... but my Hitachi LCD uses a Panasonic IPS panel and probably a load of Sony components lol, but its still a Hitachi and not a Panny or Sony.

So the car can understandably use components which originate from a different region of the world. In fact even better than that, my 75 uses tonnes of BMW components lol.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 30th Oct 2009 4:24pm
first of all here is the link if you want to know some things about this version of civic -> LINK and about cup holder... its missing because this guy who own this car before, broke and take this off... next: i've never seen bump strips on coupe version from 99-00 so maybe show me one of these?!? and i've done the picture for you [Linked Image]

lol, grammar's fine bud wink (for now)!

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 31st Oct 2009 12:39pm
Why NOT to vote for mine?

I won last year, and so far, I've escaped the curse of car of the year nono

Since winning last year, sorted out wiring, sorted driver's heated seat wired up, put temperature displays in, aded reverse sensors, replaced the clutch and clutch slave cylinder, and I think thats all.

Been lazy on it recently, spending more time on my bike grin

So thats why mine shoudln't win.

I voted for Paul and his Passat, because he's improved on it even more from last year.

Definately loads of time and effort gone into it and a great show car dispite being driven daily.

Rhys was a close second though, but just started a bit too late to win this years car of the year IMO
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 31st Oct 2009 12:57pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

lol, grammar's fine bud wink (for now)!

I'd be bloody impressed if you were bilingual too Sanchez wink
Posted By: spinking Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 1st Nov 2009 6:38pm
Sorry been on my hols so havnt had chance to add to the thread.

Voted

Mine shouldnt win as its not finished/running right or on the bloody road raftl

Posted By: Dave100e Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 1st Nov 2009 8:31pm
Voted.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 2nd Nov 2009 8:44pm
24 hours remaining until we find out the top 3

In the case of a tie, the result will go to the member with the lowest member number
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 2nd Nov 2009 9:22pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
24 hours remaining until we find out the top 3

In the case of a tie, the result will go to the member with the lowest member number

Maybe the winner who has owned the winning car the longest would be more suitable and would fit in with the award title "Car Of The Year". Just a thought.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 2nd Nov 2009 10:10pm
It may be more suitable, but more difficult to determine and more importantly, how accurate it will be.

Member numbers are clear and concise and results can be determined instantaneously.

Plus, it's in keeping with the continuity and fairness of the competition each year, it's the way it's always been done - lowest member number wins wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 2nd Nov 2009 10:17pm
I've cast my vote smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 3rd Nov 2009 12:00am
24 hours, I wonder if CTU are on the case wink
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 3rd Nov 2009 9:47am
Voted smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Car of the Year 2009: Knock Out - 3rd Nov 2009 9:41pm
Top 3 are:

Paul Mc aka golfvr - Passat 20vT - 8 Votes (27%)

Sausage - Corsa 1.4 - 5 Votes (17%)

Chris - S13/RB26 Drifter - 5 Votes (17%)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral