Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:15pm
was looking at getting the same as what stuy had a while ago a s2000 but insurance was still expensive so I opted for this, I know people have different opinions about their reliability but I am willing to give it ago, collect it in 2 weeks.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:20pm
Very smart, I like it.

I take it you like blue?? lol

Hope it doesn't sound anything like the one that was down the rock the other night, it sounded like a scooter.

Whats happening with the MG?

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:24pm
Haha Rhys lad I knew you would'nt be able to hold it in for long!

Btw Joe, that's the sound of the wankel engine, sounds like its screaming, cos it has a 9000rpm redline - rotary engine, no pistons in sight fella. Dunno if this one will sound so bad, isnt it the 7500 model?

Just as your TF is running sweet as a dream after all the arsing about you went through with the garage, you feel like a change lol!

grin
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:39pm
Nice liking it
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:52pm
they all rev to 9500 but a alarm when to change comes in at 9000. just hope its reliable, traded the mg in got £3100 for it a £2900 loss in a year lol, hate to see what I would get at the end of the summer.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 5:54pm
So, are you going to make the jump from XPower to MazdaSpeed lash?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 6:04pm
oh yes lol grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Jun 2009 6:08pm
Yeahhhhh dude, hope you finish it this time haha, when you buy the stuff, fit it tease

The TF would have looked mint with all the XPower gear you were buying!! frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 11th Jul 2009 5:15pm
Having now been in this, I can see why you got it mate, interior is extremely high quality compared to the TF, it wernt bad in itself, but I agree that this is far more refined and comfortable whereas the TF was more performance orientated and a much lower priced car when brand new... still not sure if its faster than the TF, but it don't feel much, if anything, slower than it!!

Rear seats, a lot more practical!!

Your like a kid at Christmas haha! laugh
Posted By: Wench Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 11th Jul 2009 7:12pm
Nice yes Love the colour grin
Posted By: camaroz Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 11th Jul 2009 7:27pm
Very clean.
Cool colour.
9500 RPM sheesh ! wish mine could rev up there
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 11th Jul 2009 7:53pm
Looks well matey grin

Never heard much bad about the motors in the 8s - maybe the lack of the turbo helps - cant be any worse than the MG though frown
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Jul 2009 10:33pm
don't be fooled into thinking the rotary's are unreliable. things only go wrong when you cut corners.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Jul 2009 11:18pm
Jeepers, where do you come from stu, long time no show !!!

Sorry to off topic rhyce, im sure you wont mind wink

lovely car btw, my mum had one, the only thing i didnt like about it was where to put my right arm when driving it, couldn't find a nice resting place.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Jul 2009 1:30pm
Originally Posted by Beaker

Never heard much bad about the motors in the 8s - maybe the lack of the turbo helps - cant be any worse than the MG though frown

Yep, look after it, keep up to date on its services and theres no reason it will ever be unreliable.

At least you dont have to worry about the headgasket.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 25th Jul 2009 5:01pm
well had a few concerns and decided to change all four coils and leads as I had been informed that the early items were prone to failure which can cause excessive engine wear. Managed to fit the later mazda re-designed items with new magnecore leads. Got the lot from rotary parts for £280. Also decided to take it for a service and check all recall work had been carried out for some reassurance it is okay. With regards to a recall they are changing some oil cooler pipes. It just had a full 5 year service and all is okey dokey except they found some rust on the rear arch and front one on the drivers side. Its only small but they are repairing it under the 12 year mazda warranty which I am immpressed with. All in all it aint super fast but enough and is so quite and comfortable. Currently bidding on a veilside front end, and will get the skirts and rear to match over the next few weeks and get them fitted.
Posted By: lawton Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 25th Jul 2009 5:11pm
just spotted this, didnt no you had this. love these and they make a nice sound. quite impressed there sorting the rust out, wouldnt of expected them to do it. got any pics of the bodykit mate so we can see what it looks like?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 26th Jul 2009 9:05pm
Originally Posted by lawton
just spotted this, didnt no you had this. love these and they make a nice sound. quite impressed there sorting the rust out, wouldnt of expected them to do it. got any pics of the bodykit mate so we can see what it looks like?

Just got the front bumper tonight on ebay but it needs painting blue as it is green but here is a pic of the complete kit.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: camaroz Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 26th Jul 2009 9:32pm
Tasty ! yumyum
Posted By: Wench Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 26th Jul 2009 9:39pm
Fook me that's fit!! Will it be getting an outing to a meet soon think

Before anyone says anything, yes I DO know it's not that car raftl I'm a redhead not a blonde raftl
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Jul 2009 4:29pm
The bumper arrived today, just need to get it booked in to be fitted and painted, also decided to buy this of ebay

ebay
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Jul 2009 9:03pm
what sort of info does that monitor mate??
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 1st Aug 2009 9:04am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
what sort of info does that monitor mate??

It plugs into the obd port on the vehicle and gives all information from the sensors throughout the car onto a display. It basically stops you having 10 gauges throughout the car when you only need this. It will give you boost,AFR,RPM,Air flow, Water temp,Oil Temp, Oil Pressure,0-60 times and loads more. You can also place limits for various settings and it will warn you if this is exceeded. this is useful for water temp and oil temp
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 1st Aug 2009 9:08am
Also just to add the veilside bumper is in at kerr chans bodyshop behind the carphone warehouse on the old chester road. Its going to be ready for next friday and am droping the car off to get it fitted. Need to look for the rear bumper and skirts next and get them to him. Am after a new set of rims 19" with a stagered fittment 8.5" front and either 9.5" or 10" at the rear. Am going to purchase some tein lowering spring in the next few days on ebay and get them fitted as I think the car will look daft with the oem spring and the bodykit fitted.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 1st Aug 2009 8:28pm
Sounds good mate

looking forward to seeing pics smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 2nd Aug 2009 9:03am
How come you never went to pete's wonderful sprayshop ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 2nd Aug 2009 5:52pm
Andy ya pi$$take lol. grin
Posted By: lawton Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Aug 2009 10:46pm
make sure the colour match is ok at kerr chans as a girl i no took er car there to get a wing repaired through her insurance and it was a terrible job frown
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Aug 2009 8:14am
withthat
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 11:52am
Well the side skirts are on there way and its going to mazda next weekend to get the arches sorted under the warranty. Also just made an offer on a set of these rota gtr 18x8.5 rims, going to get them at a really good price as they are shop soiled in a few places but still in good newish condition. [Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 12:26pm
They're fit.

You keeping them as they are or getting them painted?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 12:35pm
painted as the rims are are 2 silver with polished rim and 2 completely polished so will get them in the body shop and all matched, may go black with polished rim. Hopefully getting these less than half price so it will be worth it.
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 6:08pm
Was going to say dont bother and get the 9.5j ones matey as the look much better but if your getting them less than half price its a goodun
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 8:38pm
Nice choice Rhys smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 8:50pm
cheers, got the four with the fitting kit, nut collers etc for £330 not bad considering they are 7-£800 possibly cost me another £100 to get painted so they are all matching but think they are worth it and my original tires will swap straight over. The modding bug has bitten me yet again lol.
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Aug 2009 10:00pm
Good buy matey

Mine cost £800 when i bought em new
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 13th Aug 2009 8:29pm
my wheels arrived today and they are almost mint, themarks are very minor and not noticeable. Dropped them in kerrs tonight and am collecting next friday. Need to get some splined nuts as the original nuts will foul on the wheels.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Aug 2009 5:38pm
Well kerr did a great job of making all four wheels match as two were originally different from the other two hence why I got them so cheap. But after kerr painted two to match the others you cant tell.Going to get it lowered before the kit is fitted and its due to go in the last week in September as I have booked the week off work why he has the car.Well here is the pics
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Aug 2009 6:05pm
Deffo a good colour match.
Wheels really suit the car. Cant wait to see it ith the kit happy
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Aug 2009 7:36pm
Just ordered some apex springs so should be here next week, any ideas how much they are to get fitted????
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Aug 2009 9:36pm
Not doing it yourself?? How much you lowering it?

How much did Kerr charge you for the paint job on the wheels?

As Craig said, wheels really match the car.

Whats next after the kit is on?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 29th Aug 2009 10:15pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Not doing it yourself?? How much you lowering it?

How much did Kerr charge you for the paint job on the wheels?

As Craig said, wheels really match the car.

Whats next after the kit is on?

Kerr charged me £90 and the springs should lower it somewhere between 20-60mm but have heard its 30mm from people who have had them fitted. I hate working on the driveway lol much easier for me to go to work doing what I do best and leaving it to somone else who can do what they can do best, if that makes any sense. Will see next weekend and if I do attempt it will get some pics up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Sep 2009 10:43am
Nice car mate, quick question, which version is it? 190 or 231?

Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 7:48pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
Nice car mate, quick question, which version is it? 190 or 231?

Its the 192bhp, was looking at 230 but seen this one and it was clean.

Also got gilly on the boards to come and install the spring as I was to lazy. Unfortunatly he has hit a problem at the rear end due to a siezed bolt etc. He has assured me he will be back sunday afternoon to fix the back end so untill then you will just make do with this pic with front done only. Think it has dropped 30-40mm on the front.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 7:59pm
Oh also for the first time I had flooded the engine. I started the car this morning just to move it for the valater but didnt run it long which is bad for a rotary and is the cause of the flooding issue. It took 30min using the flooding procedure by mazda to get it restarted and jesus the amount of shit that came out of the exhaust when it did start lol. All is okay now though will never do start and stop again without warming it up lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 8:19pm
Gutted.

Sounds a ballache just to move it.

Cant really notice the front is done yet.

Get some more pics up side on when the rear is done

Always the way doing anything with suspension - always seized up
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 8:26pm
Its not that bad Joe, he just needs to high rev it for 15 seconds or so, totally different type of engine yasee. He is just too lazy though!! Once bitten, twice shy maybe? We'll see in time!!

laugh
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 8:34pm
my old rx8 alloys are available if anyone is interested here is the pics:
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 9:47pm
Originally Posted by Johnny Alan

Also got gilly on the boards to come and install the spring as I was to lazy. Unfortunatly he has hit a problem at the rear end due to a siezed bolt etc. He has assured me he will be back sunday afternoon to fix the back end so untill then you will just make do with this pic with front done only. Think it has dropped 30-40mm on the front.

will be there for half 2 - 3 bud smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 9:52pm
Nice green toed socks mate lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 9:52pm
Lol, was thinking that, they go with his trainers raftl
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 10:16pm
Nice green toed socks mate lol

They are my moody monday socks, had them on on the wrong day lol
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 5th Sep 2009 10:29pm
I like those wheels mate, suit the car.

That flooding thing can happen to regular piston engines aswell, and al ot of people dont realise it. when the car is started and run for a few seconds and turned off, if left too long the excess fuel from the startup can dribble down the bore and wash the sealing oil away, thus no compression.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Sep 2009 8:35am
thanks, here is a better pic of the front in daylight.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Sep 2009 10:23am
here is one with oem setup just for a comparison. [img:center]http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40330&d=1107154595[/img]
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Sep 2009 5:48pm
update, all done,well sort of
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Sep 2009 6:00pm
good job mate looks much better now
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Sep 2009 4:19pm
Liking that matey looks good.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 9th Sep 2009 4:26pm
Looks good mate - liking the choice of wheels smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Sep 2009 4:56pm
...well, sort of??
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Sep 2009 5:01pm
...well, sort of??

raftl
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Sep 2009 5:59pm
one of the ARB bolts was rusted on... which decided to simply shead of when a socket came in sight!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 12th Sep 2009 7:22am
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
one of the ARB bolts was rusted on... which decided to simply shead of when a socket came in sight!

Bit more than one bolt was rusted I think. Will get some pics up later.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 12th Sep 2009 10:51am
Originally Posted by chris_gilly

Pm sent, if you can get back asap
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 12th Sep 2009 11:13am
nothing recived yet bud
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 7:33am
well cars in the body shop getting the bumper fitted and painted. Since flooding it the other day been having a problem starting it when warm which I know is the dreaded thing across the rotary scene. This can mean the engine is fooked which I hope it aint. When hot the casings expand and the rotor doesn't seal aswell as when cold leaving a low compression in the chambers. If this is the case I am going to continue using it and budget for a 3-4k for a rebuild in jan. Hoping its the catalytic converter or the starter. I was cranking with fuel in the system for 30min so this may have damaged the cat.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 10:42am
Sounds a right pain in the ass
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 12:56pm
Do you know if it would be a massive job to fit a 13B? I reckon youd get one in there for less then £3-4k.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 1:25pm
Originally Posted by Dave100e
Do you know if it would be a massive job to fit a 13B? I reckon youd get one in there for less then £3-4k.

I don't want to replace this item for a used item, I either what a brand new engine or mine overhauled with the end and side seals replace. I can drive my car in have the engine stripped and new seals fitted, assembled and drive back out for around 2.5k, but this is if everything in the engine is okay. I ideally I want to also budget for new rotor housing at £500 each in case they are scored. Realistically I was going to get this done anyway prior to getting a turbo kit but just wasnt expecting it so soon if this is the case.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 2:18pm
yeah but turbos.

From what ive heard the Renesis engine doesnt take well to turbo's. For the price of a rebuild on the renesis engine, plus a turbo kit, you could buy, rebuild and spec up a decent 13b that would make more power.

Can you bridgeport the renesis do you know? fook turbo's, bridgeporting wins everytime.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 4th Oct 2009 3:48pm
Originally Posted by Dave100e
yeah but turbos.

From what ive heard the Renesis engine doesnt take well to turbo's. For the price of a rebuild on the renesis engine, plus a turbo kit, you could buy, rebuild and spec up a decent 13b that would make more power.

Can you bridgeport the renesis do you know? fook turbo's, bridgeporting wins everytime.

Yes you can,you can even put the 20b in their but would cost about 10k to let someone do it and I aint got that much lol.

Check this out though a bridgeported 20b triple rotor with one big turbo.Watch it about 50sec in and till the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxXPphJ3is&feature=related
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 6:11pm
Rhys picked the car up from Kerr's earlier today, and it looks fantastic tbh. Took a few quick photo's earlier on, before the light faded.

Hasnt got the sideskirts done yet, as ye can tell lol. Looks quite aggressive, Kerr did a "very" good paint match imho.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 6:12pm
Why only 5 attatchments, how lame lol.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 7:07pm
fook me!

Fit as fook!!!

Whats he doin with the reg plate?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 7:10pm
Dunno yet, maybe mount it in the middle grill? He was lookin at a few places. The penalty for the plate in the windscreen is non-endorsable isnt it? £30 fine? Knowing Rhys, it will probably take him a while to decide but he don't wanna get stung for points lol.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 7:14pm
what about a bike plate on the front?
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 7:17pm
[Linked Image]
maybe like on this one
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 7:57pm
Thatll look mint with some skirts, standard rear bumper and a mazdaspeed rear wing.

Plenty of space for an FMIC aswell there smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Oct 2009 8:03pm
As you are all aware I had my spring fitted by a mobile mechanic on the board trading under the name of CG autos. Well after the spring were fitted I had found the a number of thing wrong so here is the pm's I sent:

ME:

Hi mate just pm'ing you to let you know I am a bit disappointed with the quality of work I received on my car. Apart from the broken stud their were a number of issue as follows:

- You left the rear wheels nipped but not tightened once it had been lowered of the jacks.
- The rear tie rods on the drives side was badly installed and only had half a nut on the thread which was also the wrong pitch as it was originally a m10 metric fine.
- The rear drivers side lower shock mount bolt was loose
- And worse the front wheels had been put on the opposite sides to what they were originally on causing them to be in the wrong rotation.

You originally quoted me 2 hours labour at £20 per hour and a call out charge of £20 giving a total of £60. I actually paid £120 and the end result was so poor that I still had to spend a day correcting your mistakes my self. I have also accrued an extra cost of £20 for the new tie rod which had experienced damage from the nut splitter crushing the original threads (the reason why it had 4 washers to space it). I feel it is only fair for you to give me half my money back to bring the price in line with what you originally quoted.I hope we can meet an agreement, many thanks Rhys.

C Gilly

he price i originally quoted was a quote... not all jobs stick to the quote due to unforseen items..... i didnt realise it would take so long i charged alot less than if i sticked to time i was there the first day for alot more than 2 hours = £20 an hour and £20 call out and the same the next day. if you were to get a quote for this job in a normal garage you would be looking at around £400!

2. i know i did explain this to you as otherwise it would of ment buying a new ARB linkage = more cost. im sure i said i would of fitted a new linkage for free?? as you were getting one??
1 & 3.i can only appoligise we were there in the rain/ i was in work until 5am the previous night so rather tired.
4.the springs were badly marked and no guide for sides etc....

i do want to settle this for definate.

sorry once again
chris

ME:

I dont know of any garage that would charge £400 for spring fitting, and if I was ever given a price of that amount I would only do it myself as I would say I was more than qualified. At the end of the day the tie rod was damaged, the lower shock mount was loose a lot, the front wheels were on the wrong side and the rear wheels loose. Non of this is down to myself and is a fault of yours. I accept the sway bar mount stud may have sheared when undoing and I am going to rectify this but the other faults should not have occurred and if I hadn't have checked your workmanship the situation could have been worse. I feel that asking for 50% of the money back is only fair. P.S You told me that the tie rod was solid and was secure after me making a point about the threads. If you can get back to me with your suggestions on how this can be resolved it will be appreciated, many thanks for replying.

C Gilly

i had a look on the rx-8 forum which said a garage had quoted £400 to fit smile can send you the link if needed smile

as i said if you had any problem you should of let me know straight away and i would have come straight back to you and rectified all of this for free , then we wouldnt of been in this predicament. at the minute i havent got the funds to give you as ive been ment to have bad a BMW X5 full rebuild... ive just bought all the parts to be told the car wont be here until next monday.. i dont mind refunding some of the money but the way i see it is that i did it alot cheaper than i should have done if id kept to timed rated.

thanks

ME:

I didn't ask you to do it cheaper I just asked you for a price, you stated the price not me. With regards to the £400 price you have seen, if I had received a price that excessive I would do it myself being a qualified engineer. I only checked the wheels for tightness Sunday but as for the rest this was only noticed yesterday afternoon and corrected yesterday evening by myself and a friend. Personally I don't think anyone would be asking a company back to correct their car after leaving it in such a condition the first time, if I am wrong let me know.

yes i can totally understand your point. in which i am truely sorry and cant apolagise enough. i can assure you this has never happened before and i am not proud of it.

ME:

am great full that you can admit you are at fault and as a result I will be happy with a refund of £20 which will cover the cost of the tie rods. Here is the link of the item purchased and you can see my user name 0151rhys in his feedback. I made a offer for £20 saving £4. Many thanks Rhys

C Gilly

es sure... as i said im skint until i start work on monday smile so i give you my word i will give you it the second i get paid from this other job smile

Also here is a pic of the tie rod end with 4-5 washers cause the threads are f..ked it only had 1-2 threads of the nut holding it on. I am still waiting for the £20 and have come to terms I aint going to get it. I am only posting this so other member get the picture.

Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 11th Oct 2009 8:14pm
...Give me a shout if you want any jobs doin in the future mate...I have fitted/lowered probably 100+ cars...and not one come-back lol hammer
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Oct 2009 9:06pm
Just got my veilside rear bumper for an amazing £85 of ebay and also a lambo door kit.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Oct 2009 9:08pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Oct 2009 9:10pm
good price for that now you will have mazdorghini:) with these lambo doors
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Oct 2009 9:36pm
Dont like that rear bumper no

how much you pay for the lambo doors? Need any washers to space it off when you fit it? wink
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Oct 2009 9:58pm
Not to sure on the bumper but it will prob looks good in the flesh so to speak.

Cars comming together quick matey.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Oct 2009 11:02am
Dont like that rear bumper no

how much you pay for the lambo doors? Need any washers to space it off when you fit it? wink

The kit is a direct bolt on, so it say. Got it on ebay for £220 make offer. Dont know about the quality but am sure i can improve it if items arnt up to scratch. Will see once it arrives. Will post a diy lambo door topic with pics of me doing it.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 23rd Oct 2009 6:16pm
Well the lambo kit arrived today and have to say after all I hear about the ebay lambo kits being poor quality my first impressions are quite the opposite. The material is 10mm thick and has bearings for the upward motion. I was going to do this myself but have decided to leave it to kerr chan as he did an excellent job on my bumper. It is booked in for 3 weeks time.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 23rd Oct 2009 11:49pm
boooooo

Do it yourself or I'm not voting for you for car of the year lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Oct 2009 4:53pm
Lol I must say, I would'nt fancy the work involved in putting the lambo doors on,hammering the car panels and that haha, plus he should have got the front bumper done after the doors as he got Kerr to properly fit it, and now it has to be removed again lmao!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 27th Oct 2009 4:56pm
good luck with those doors bud, i hope they are a good fit etc. will be very interesting to see your car once done!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 11:11am
Well collected the veilside gt2 spoiler last night and am test fitting today. My rear veilside bumper is going in the bodyshop along with the spoiler to get painted next week. I fanccy doing something to the front fenders and have come across these, what do you think?? got a price about £330 posted.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 12:24pm
Look smart, but are they gunna work with the lambo doors?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 2:51pm
Look smart, but are they gunna work with the lambo doors?

Good thinking batman, will have to do some research now lol
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 2:58pm
I know I am going to get negative opinions about the spoiler as it aint everyones taste but I like it and its part of the veilside kit in a few pics back. Going to remove it this week with the bumper to get painted. Will update pics once painted.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 3:53pm
And just so everyone can see, here is a pic with the skirts on, need to find someone who can fit them and paint them as from what kerr was saying it could be expensive.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 3:55pm
Spoiler aint that bad mate, initial thoughts are its a bit loud from the back, but from the front and side it suits it very well, looks quite sleek!!

Told you ya had to get the skirts on, they make such a difference!!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 4:02pm
Love it all, barr the front bumper.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 4:06pm
Lmao Andy, does it scare you? Looks like its gonna suck you in haha!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 6:26pm
why are the skirts going to be expensive?

Still not keen on the back bumper, but should look a lot better when it's painted.

That front bumper looks ace though
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 6:55pm
I agree with you kind of joe, the front looks really aggresive and is my favorite part but the back does look like its all gone soft and not so aggressive. The reason I chose this was one I came across it for nothing in the end and two its part of the complete kit.

I am shocked with you andy I would have thought you would have had the same opinion as joe, liked the front but not the rest lol.

I think the reason the skirts are expensive is because they arnt a straight forward bolt on. Fixtures need to be made and they need to also be bonded. The gap between the door and skirt is none when shut.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 31st Oct 2009 7:04pm
Be hardcore, mount the skirts with screws and black silicon. I can see how itd be hard to mount them properly though.

Are those front wings off the Mazdaspeed car? You could probably get ali or steel plates moulded into your original arches for less though, or even stamped in, that way you could have anything you wanted. We used to have a machine in work but they made us throw it out, but you couldve done that easy.
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 1st Nov 2009 6:40pm
Looking very good matey.

Spoiler should be bigger though like the one i am buying lol
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 11:39am
well all painted and looking good. Here it is.....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 12:29pm
I do like it bud, very nice, I really want to see it in the flesh though smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 12:55pm
All looks good and works well now its Painted happy

I did see ya in Upton other day, but you were just driving out as I arrived wink
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 1:03pm
Spoiler looks good, but still not keen on that back bumper

When you geting these lambo doors fitted???
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 2:21pm
Now with mesh fitted lol. Going to get the lambo doors fitted at the end of the month.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 6th Nov 2009 11:06pm
What about painting the petrol cap mate?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Nov 2009 12:02am
Lokin mint mate!! laugh
Posted By: kimpri Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Nov 2009 7:33am
my lad has just seen your car on forum,dad dad that car was parked over the road few weeks ago,is he right? smile

cool car, he said. smile happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Nov 2009 6:01pm
Yeah, he's right smile
Posted By: kimpri Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Nov 2009 6:34pm
wants a ride next time you call to ours for what ever.
have to get Mr Alan to bring ye down tho, happy
took me lad out before bit of fun in me micra stop laffin Matt, he said he can do better handbrake turns on his BMX so took him home. somad
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 7th Nov 2009 10:58pm
Well as you all know my 192 only revs to 7500 rpm and the 231 revs to over 9000. I was looking at way to achieve this and thought it wasn't possible until I found a video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blbPfYyOQh4

Using a hymee pro tuner this is achievable cost is around the 650 mark but I will need to research a bit first to see how idiot friendly it is lol
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Nov 2009 6:54pm
Well my car is going in next week to get the final bit of the kit fitted, the side skirts. I am slowly moving onto the performance now and have decided to purchase this for starters and will be running the 35bhp only, just waiting for the auction to come to an end.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 10th Nov 2009 8:29pm
Shame you didn't nake top 3 for car of the year mate.

It's definately coming along now smile

Nitrous okay to use on a wankel?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 12th Nov 2009 11:14pm
well got the above kit but not used brand new, so lucky was bidding on a used one in the us but when searching again a new one came up that someone bought but didn't use so I made him a offer and got it for £235 posted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220509687577&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 13th Nov 2009 10:28am
you going to be brave and fit it youself??
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 13th Nov 2009 11:20am
Brave crazy

Their is nothing to fitting nitrous, bottle with a main line running to a nitrous solenoid. Tap into the fuel line and run a line to a fuel solenoid then join the two into a nozzle. Fit the nozzle into the air intake and wire up and fit a WOT switch to the throttle body. Really aint nothing to it. Am looking into getting a pressure safety valve fitted to the fuel line though cause if I have a pressure drop with the fuel then the engine will run lean and possibly go bang. With this fitted it will shut off the nitrous to prevent damage. Also looking at a bottle heater to keep pressure at the required level to help maintain a/f ratio.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 13th Nov 2009 12:10pm
Im sure you know my opinions on NOS raftl

What does your car need to make it up to the 231bhp model? think

(And dont say a 35bhp shot of NOS raftl )
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 13th Nov 2009 12:19pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
Im sure you know my opinions on NOS raftl

What does your car need to make it up to the 231bhp model? think

(And dont say a 35bhp shot of NOS raftl )

withthat
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Nov 2009 10:55pm
i'm sure the 231hp rx8 has lighter rotors than the 192. either way its not adviseable to raise the rev limit unless you want it to go pop.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 15th Nov 2009 11:26pm
hey stu you cant just come bk out of the blue and start handin out information like a bombay money lender wink
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Nov 2009 6:05am
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
i'm sure the 231hp rx8 has lighter rotors than the 192. either way its not adviseable to raise the rev limit unless you want it to go pop.

They both have lighter rotors, the difference is that the 192 has 4 ports and the 231 has six hence why it rev higher. It is safe to rev the 4 port higher but only once it has been fitted with a turbo or supercharger as na the 4 port runs out of breath over 8000rpm.
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Nov 2009 9:20pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
hey stu you cant just come bk out of the blue and start handin out information like a bombay money lender wink

of course i can! well i might be confusing products but on the rx7 the engine has been built with different weight rotors, only minimal differences in weight. it doesn't really matter what size or type of ports you have. for people who wish to make the engine rev higher (think i've heard of some people going as high as 11000rpm) you have to get 2 matching weight rotors for it to be reliable. and to find this out you have to strip the engine........
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Nov 2009 9:25pm
alright rhys lad smile u need to empty ur inbox for the private messages mate. hows things anyway lad ? still got the jag ?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 16th Nov 2009 10:09pm
is this little rickie?? If so nice to see you come back lol
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 17th Nov 2009 10:58am
yup smile sure is rhys. and its good to be back laugh hows things mate ? u an kate still goin strong ?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th Nov 2009 4:37pm
Well nx kit arrived and have started to install, bottle fitted and nitrous line run to the bulk head, solenoids mounted and connected to nozzle. fuel line need to be tapped into and a throttle body spacer needs to be ordered to mount nozzle properly. Will sort the wiring tomorrow.
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th Nov 2009 6:31pm
Nice have you tried it yet???

Is there a noticable difference
Posted By: Beny90 Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th Nov 2009 6:38pm
nice one Rhys smile
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 18th Jan 2010 10:41am
heard u sold it ? oshocked ! this true ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 18th Jan 2010 10:42am
Yer he got a 206 now.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 19th May 2010 5:32pm
BYE BYE TOKYO, BYE BYE!!

frown
Posted By: spinking Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th May 2010 1:24am
erm he still has this i am sure
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th May 2010 1:36am
he did mate, the 206 was rapid (it was the GTi180 after all), but it was a shed, had allsorts wrong with it, so he swapped it back...

But today he has finally gotten rid of the RX8!! No more Tokyo Drifting for Rhys!

frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th May 2010 9:46am
i heard those 206`s were deathtraps too? (have a tendancy to overturn)
Posted By: DavidB Re: Johnny Alan: Mazda RX8 - 20th May 2010 9:58am
I saw this a couple of weeks ago, not too keen on the bodykit! Recent Peugeots are fairly terrible I've heard. My mate had the GTi 206 and the GTi badge fell off when he got it home, the sump was warped and constantly leaked oil, he said it was a tragic car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral