Forums
Posted By: coxie coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 24th Apr 2008 5:18pm
thought id just let you all see what im driving at the minute so give us a wave if you see me about

VW T4:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

VW R32:
[Linked Image]

ill put some spec up on them both soon
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 24th Apr 2008 5:20pm
OMG, No need for me to have sex tonight, Iv just had sex with my screen raftl

Both very nice mate
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 24th Apr 2008 7:18pm
very nice mate thumbsup

That R32 looks the dogs bollocks - you'll have to come the members meet in it happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 24th Apr 2008 7:53pm
that van looks the digs, i bet it sounds awsome inside too, the r32 it really nice too, !
Posted By: BMW_Sparkie Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 25th Apr 2008 9:25pm
that van fookin rocks....wanna swap vans.....oh go on yipee
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 25th Apr 2008 9:26pm
its no citroen relay but i suppose it will do!
Posted By: dave_g Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 25th Apr 2008 9:37pm
nice pics fella!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 25th Apr 2008 10:19pm
lovin the van any spec on the ice?
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 25th Apr 2008 10:31pm
cold, about -4 degrees should do it
Posted By: coxie Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 3:49pm
Originally Posted by exploding_penguin
lovin the van any spec on the ice?

here we go starting from the front:

under bonnet:
2 x pc 1700 oddsey batteries
uprated alternator and earth wires
split charge relay (heavy duty)
0 gauge power cable to amp

front inside:
1 x exile x-tec components
alpine flip out screen
hirschmann digital freeview tuner run thru front / rear screens
parrot ck3100 bluetooth handsfree kit
1000 watt invertor (just incase its needed)

back inside:
1 x exile 600x4 amp running components
1 x exile 2400x1 amp running subs
1 x exile x-tec components
7" drop down screen (soon to be replaced by a 19" drop down)
ps2 power by a 12v adapter with wireless remotes again run thru front / rear screens
8 x exile xp 12" subs in 2 x custom boxes

was tested on a term lab db meter at 142 db (not too bad considering the amount of air needed to be moved in a van)

hopefully the addition of another 2400x1 amp and uprating the subs to the next level should see it running somewhere in the high 140's (just waiting for subs to arrive the amp is sat here ready to go)

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:26pm
fook! 142db....thats a bit loud.

Good spec, do you not need any caps for all that?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:34pm
Can I ask what the point to it all is? At 140dB, you're ears won't last long, my ears are ringing for hours at less then 86dB after only a few minutes...

Might sound stupid, but all this expense on making it louder and louder, is either never going to be used, or just going to seriously damage you're health?? (And probably also get you a chav tag and get you done for noise pollution driving around with that blasting out).

Is the aim to piss off as many local residents as you can by driving around with it blasting out? You can get an ASBO for that you know...

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:37pm
I doubt he'll be driving around with it full blast at all, nevermind constantly.

It's just for impressive figures for a sound system. Why not eh? lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:40pm
Seems a lot of money to waste if one is never going to use it... I wanted to get another Eltax sub and additional amp for my sound system at home once, but then realised the kit I have already is more then i ever actually use (lets face it, im not running a nightclub or music arena), so whats the point??

I would on the other hand do it, if I wanted deafen myself or really piss the neighbours off and end up with an ASBO for my troubles...

The police can actually confiscate anything that breaches noise pollution laws and is used to do so, I wonder if they would just take the sound system or take the whole van as its fitted into it?

think
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:47pm
It might be a lot of money and he might never use it, but it's an impressive spec, and it certainly looks good.

I'm impressed by it anyway.

Judging by the business too, it could be a setup to show different ICE systems and how they work and what they look like and sound like.

He could also use it for shows or events?

It's like Pimp my Ride - When they put a jackhammer in one of the cars. who want to listen to that at full blast? Plus, I wonder how much one of them cost.
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:51pm
Originally Posted by coxie

hopefully the addition of another 2400x1 amp and uprating the subs to the next level should see it running somewhere in the high 140's (just waiting for subs to arrive the amp is sat here ready to go)

sounds very interesting i did once hear that 155db was enough to stop your heart! take it your run in some spl competitions?
would be good to see this and hear this!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:52pm
Im not saying its not impressive, I was merely asking what there is to gain from hitting 140dB+ apart from annoying the neighbours, showing off to ya mates, and getting yaself an ASBO if and when you actually decide to use it.

As impressed as I am by it, it does also seem a bit chav.

Pimp my ride only do their shit for TV entertainment, its all just one abig massive waste of money, funded by MTV for them to make hundreds of thousands back by screening it on their channels around the world and reaping the rewards in advertising revenue.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 6:54pm
Fair enough.

Maybe there's your answer for the 140dB+ mark - spl competitions?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 29th Apr 2008 7:24pm
sound presure level

as for saying its a bit chav, each to there own, personaly i like it and if i had the cash to build somthing that could reach 140db i would do it.
Posted By: coxie Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 1st May 2008 6:57pm
just to clear up a few questions the van is a company demo vehicle and draws alot of attention which is what it was built to do and was sponsored by exile so all the gear was supplied at less than trade prices

i agree that to spend that much money on a sound system is daft but unfortunately thats what people wanted to see.

i used to have quite a small SQ system in the van with just a set of front speakers and a sub which sounded great, but people expect it to have this huge system in when i opened it up and were dissapointed when faced with a little sub and amp.

so the decission was made to give people what they were expecting which was a huge system (even if it sounds terrible compared to a nice SQ setup)

all i can say really is that bass sells to a large majority of cruiser and with that being what my buisness is built around i have to keep them happy

i can honestly say that i never drive around with the system loud as i have to much respect for other people around and it only really get used for shows

last year at the vw show at tatton park a mate borrowed the van to put next to his stand selling number plates and left the stereo playing all day,
it drew a big crowd as people came to see what was making all the noise and resulted in him having the best day of his show season taking over £800 in one day
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 2nd May 2008 12:25am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Im not saying its not impressive, I was merely asking what there is to gain from hitting 140dB+ apart from annoying the neighbours, showing off to ya mates, and getting yaself an ASBO if and when you actually decide to use it.

As impressed as I am by it, it does also seem a bit chav.

Pimp my ride only do their shit for TV entertainment, its all just one abig massive waste of money, funded by MTV for them to make hundreds of thousands back by screening it on their channels around the world and reaping the rewards in advertising revenue.

smile

*yawn*
Posted By: Sanchez Re: coxie: vw t4 / vw golf r32 - 2nd May 2008 9:25am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Seems a lot of money to waste if one is never going to use it...

think

Thats a fair point bud, but if you buy a bugatti veron, which is cable of 200mph + your not going to be doing that all the time either, its just nice to know its there and can be used when you want !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral