Forums
Posted By: MGCraig ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Sep 2007 10:10pm
Soon as i get some pics..ill put em up..decent pics that is. Only decided to do this cos one of Pomps friends showed up last time at new brighton..and she said that my Micra looked better than hers...

My original plan is to keep this for a few years, drivin it round, then convert it to rally spec..and hopefully get a fully fledged rally licence blah blah...but well see

Lets see whats on this GrannyWagon:

TSW Volcano alloys.... 175/45/15
OMP Racin Wheel 310mm (cos the standard one wudda looked better on a boat)
JVC Headunit (who has tapes these days???)
12" JBL Sub...for the bassy tunes
2 JBL 10" speakers (replaced old ones...for the better quality sound)
Set of Seat covers (dunno what make) Black nd blue....just to hide the Granny Trim

Planned

35-40mm Lowering springs with dampers.
Anti Roll Bar
Induction kit....stop the car soundin like the wind
*Maybe..possibly aftermarket exhaust..if i can be bothered

Then for Rallyin....
Rollcage
Extinguisher
Webbers
blah blah..things youd expect for a rally car.

So thats it for now....with bein a student its difficult to find the dosh to do those things...but im always hopin.....just need to see if it ever happens.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Sep 2007 10:12pm
EXTRA

If i do eventually take it rallying..i may upgrade to the 1.3 super s Micra engine...or even go the extra step and make a Hybrid with a 1.6 Almera/primera Engine...its been done before..and hard work...but worth it in the end me thinks...make a very interesting project
Posted By: spinking Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 6th Sep 2007 7:07am
Good plans matey will take alot of work to get it rally spec though.

Look forward to seeing it rallied who knows maybe nextyears prom rally.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 6th Sep 2007 7:39am
Good little car you got fella, get some photos up. Some great plans there too, hope you can get the bigger engine and get it to rally spec.

thumbsup
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 6th Sep 2007 5:21pm
good luck with the plans mate smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 6th Sep 2007 6:57pm
hahah..prom rally next year!!! nah..its gonna be the runaround for quite a while yet.....im usina bit of my dosh to buy a proper Rotax Max racin kart...with my mate..hell test..ill race.....
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 6th Sep 2007 10:44pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKETJV3oQ0
Posted By: StuyMac Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 7th Sep 2007 8:34am
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin

360bhp IIRC.

Put that much power in a tin of beans, and its gonna shift smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 7th Sep 2007 8:48am
lol yea... apparently he wrote it off at a track or somethin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 7th Sep 2007 10:49pm
Heres some photos of this little baby car taken at last nights meet lol:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think it looks well sweet mate, very tidy, the blue looks a fair bit darker then it actually is cos its night, lower it a bit and it will be even better, not too much though thumbsup
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Jun 2008 2:12pm
:UPDATE:

Just put the CruiseWirral Stickers on hahahahahaha

Not really an Update, but better than nothing.
Ive really got it in my head to get the car lowered now, but Ive got a few hurdles first before I get anywhere near that stage.

1).Get Job Back
2).Week away In belgium
3).Get New Clutch
4).Bits For Race Kart
5).Get springs and things. Chances are, Ill do it myself, to keep costs down

Posted By: MattLFC Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Jun 2008 2:14pm
Nice one for the CW stickers lmao! Quite a big job I hear, if you don't know what you're doing grin
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Jun 2008 2:17pm
Well, had a few probs, they were all bent and bubbly, but I got em into shape...

Only prob is, the curve of the "C" is a bit too tall for the black strip on my side windows....but never mind...may change em for the autowirral stickers yet...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Jun 2008 2:19pm
Yeah the autowirral ones dont suffer from the "C effect" tease
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 5th Jun 2008 2:25pm
I just got bored of the Micra.org.uk ones....

kk they looked good and professional...but I dont go on that site anymore...cos the quality of the cars was starting to become questionable...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Mi_Craig : Micra 1.0L - 15th Oct 2008 7:14pm
Update...

I think that due to current circumstances etc etc, me rallying this little car isnt practical. Ive got a good thing going on Rallying with Barney (he said if I got my licence, I could use it in an event, him co-driving omg ), so My original plans are to be thrown out the window. No doubt my family will be pleased mad

Therefore, Ive taken the decision that Very Much sooner, rather than later, Im going to get rid of the Baby Car (Hopefully in next few months)
Shes been a superb first car, couldnt fault it in any way. Better Lookin, Faster, and a much better colour than most Corsa's or Saxo's. But Im 21 in December, and I cant drive a car that small and underpowered forever frown

Bit of work to do before selling, such as clutch, and maybe the rust on the Boot, but I may throw the spare I have into the deal when the time comes (Straight Swap).

But what will it be replaced with ???

I cant say yet, but Ive definately got my heart set on a particular car. Only Clues Im going to give are Its Rare(ish)... It will Stand out, Both MattyLFC and I love them dearly, and its Italian think
Posted By: DavidB Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 15th Oct 2008 8:25pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin

360bhp IIRC.

Put that much power in a tin of beans, and its gonna shift smile

Stuy, does someone work in Neil Philpotts' place who has a nice little black Micra? Think they look really good tbh.
Posted By: spinking Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 15th Oct 2008 9:32pm
Fiat 126 raftl

tell us
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 16th Oct 2008 2:19am
I would, but I dont want to Jinx things.... raftl raftl

Youll just have to be patient
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Oct 2008 5:56pm
Ive been given the go ahead from my folks to start lookin for my new car (They tried theyre hardest to stop me, but to no avail laugh )

All I need to do is replace the clutch to stop it slipping, and do some re-soldering to get the Blowers to work fully again, and then someone has got themselves a fantastic run around, or first car.

There is the small matter of the rust on the boot, but Ive decided instead to throw in the second boot I bought a few months back into the deal. So, in the meantime, here is a picture of what Im looking at getting, in either Black, Blue or Red laugh laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Oct 2008 7:07pm
...its an Alfa.. no

nono
Posted By: Dave100e Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Oct 2008 7:09pm
Brilliant. Love Alfa's. Havnt seen one of those in a while though. Didnt they do a 2.0 cloverleaf?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Oct 2008 7:22pm
Exactly Stuy, its an Alfa, Sophisticated, Beautiful underrated, and a true petrol heads car. Plus, itll stand out, so perfect.

Yea Dave, they did a 2.0 Cloverleaf.. very beautiful Car.

The early variants had a 1.4, 1.6 and a 2.0 Boxer engine, but these were very slow. Later Models had a Facelift with colour coded bumpers, Fog Lights and came with a 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 Twin Spark.

Im after a 1.6 Twin Spark, preferably in Black, but with the small spoiler on the back, same as the Cloverleaf.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 26th Oct 2008 3:15pm
Hope you have deep pockets for all the repairs etc.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 26th Oct 2008 3:32pm
Thats an overused Myth though.

True, older Alfas were ridiculously unreliable etc... but similar to Skoda, build quality etc have improved a lot in recent years.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 10:16am
Hi Craig
Being a fellow Micra owner I just want to say I am very proud of my granny seat covers yes .
On a different note - does anyone have any idea where I should go to have a couple of very minor dents taken out of the side on my car. The previous owner (think her name was Doris) must have done them because they were there when I bought it. Although one looks deeper (probably from parking at APH).
If anyone can recommend a place that won't burn a hole in my pocketo I would be very grateful.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 10:20am
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Thats an overused Myth though.

True, older Alfas were ridiculously unreliable etc... but similar to Skoda, build quality etc have improved a lot in recent years.

Semi correct, its only in the last few years that Alfa have got their build quality up to scratch, but even so, its still nowhere near German / Japanise standards.

Parts are expensive, and the smaller engined cars are very underpowered frown
Posted By: AX_125 Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 5:23pm
Everyone i know (and that is quite a few) with Alfa's right up to 2004 have had major problems including major welding, electrics etc.

I am not saying not to get one, as i think they are boss. Be aware, that even untill recently, they were poor reliability.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 5:41pm
As long as I get the 146 with the Twin Spark Stuy (1997 onwards) then performance is actually quite good. Dont forget that I will be coming from a 998cc Micra...so anything bigger engined will seem faster to me..even if its the 1.4 Boxter.

Ive read a lot of reviews saying that the 145, 146 and 155 were the first alfas to show decent build quality and reliability, so Im still hoping it will be so. Also, if we wanted everything to be reliable, we'd all be driving round in Ford Focuses and Nissan Micras.

Im just looking forward to having a decent sized, good looking car for once, thats quite rare. I know youll be happy when I eventually get one laugh
Posted By: Shane_mini Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 6:01pm
need abit of help .dose anyone no much about minis. cos i have a problem with the lights comein on
Posted By: StuyMac Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Oct 2008 6:18pm
Your gonna need to start a new thread for that matey - this is Craigs Micra / Alfa thread... grin
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Nov 2008 5:38pm
Right....

Ive dragged the Micra up to Preston with me for a few days. Seeing as weve got the workshop and the tools (For the rally car). Making a start on the clutch.

Ive learnt the error of my ways. Never again will I own a small Japanese car,and Barney will back me up with that. By the way, he strips and rally preps Imprezas for a living.

Japanese Cars are so reliable, because nothing is designed to break, or come off.

Im not going to go into detail, but what should have been a 3 hour job tops... took 6 and a half hours...with 3 of us.

Clutch has been replaced...just need to finish off putting the small bits, battery etc then should be done.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Nov 2008 5:55pm
Well done matey its only took ya a few months to get ya ass in action and do this im impressed raftl
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Nov 2008 5:59pm
More like a year...but situations change, and if Im to sell it, itll deffo need this clutch.

There was barely any bite left on the old plate, a months worth of driving, and the car just wouldnt have moved.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Nov 2008 6:00pm
raftl
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 25th Nov 2008 6:46pm
Race Cars are so much easier to work on (Not Tin Tops). Everything is in the right place...Engine and gearbox at the back..so is everything else important.

Just a case of finishing it on Thursday...then god knows..
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ckb180 : Micra 1.0L - 27th Nov 2008 8:01pm
Clutch Now Done !!!!!!!

Bite is no longer at the top of the pedal...no more slippage...and Ive stalled twice raftl raftl (not used to having a clutch ya see)

and now to sell the poor lil car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral