Forums
Posted By: Mk6Paul MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 28th Mar 2006 5:08pm
The measly 79bhp mk6 fiesta is gone!
Been replaced with 197bhp Honda Civic type r 30th anniversary.
So incomes 0-60 in 6.7 top speed of 146mph (although ive hit 150) bright red recaros and a momo steering wheel.
Had it 4 days before all the calipers got painted. So the modding process has already begun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 28th Mar 2006 5:09pm
very nice mate,need loads of pics,whats the plans
PAY FOR IT!!! hahaha
Although just ordered an alpine dvd player and ive got a PS2 to go in it aswell
But in terms of performance, there isnt much you can do to them without spending big money cos there already pretty much tuned to death. Although a v-tec controller might be in the pipeline to upset the clio sport boys with their 5k kick.

Yeh have to take some more pics when its not pissing down!

Paul
Posted By: scoop Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 28th Mar 2006 5:18pm
When does the V-TEC come in ATM,may aswell just set it to 1100RPM eh with the controller,any more than idle and its TECCIN lol.Pretty much waste of time having the economy lobes on the cam eh? i was gonna suggest a controller mate.And maybe suspension work. Theres a site out there that sells bits for the type R.Saw their ad in J-tuner.Says their zorst gives a decent gain on the i-VTEC lump,may be worth a punt
V-TEC comes in at 5900. If i get one ill set to 4500 so as its still useable, instead of jus goin nuts every time you put your fut down.
for a grand a you can get a sprint exhaust, manifold and de-cat which will give you 16 bhp.
As for fuel economy, what fuel economy? i got 20 miles to £10 once, granted i thrashed the pants off it an destroyed some speed limits but thats takin the biscuit.
Posted By: Gary Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 28th Mar 2006 10:08pm
been thinkin about one of these myself, but unless you can drive it properly i wouldnt go racin everyone even my little banana has 'beat' one
Posted By: Mk6Paul Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 29th Mar 2006 12:47am
Most fun you can have i reckon, well that or one of the clio sport cars! Definatly recommend one!
As for drivin it properly, still learnin but ive pretty much got the hang of it, as the drivers of the 350z an porsche boxster will tell you!
Dont tell Sanchez, he may hump your leg laugh

The cars are pretty well tuned in std trim, I know Owen Developments (Did the mapping and conversion for the FQ400) put throttle bodies on one and Motec and got 235bhp from one, and one of the Jap tuning companies did a similar thing, TBs and new managment and got similar power.

Exhaust and filter are the way forward but you may sacrifice some torque for BHP, and why oh why where the UK the only country not to get them with an LSD frown
fast car, big willy!

ha ha.

Alright paulos. get some more pictures up la and take me for a spin soon.
very nice car m8, there 1 of my faves
Posted By: evo ad Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 30th Mar 2006 11:38pm
you can get a Spoon chip for these that lower the VTEC point of engagement and increase the rev limit without losing bottom end power unlike a VTEC controller.

I've got a VTEC controller here which i've never fitted to the Prelude, mainly because if you set the point of engagement too low they can lose power. There again if you set them higher than where your VTEC kicks in now you can gain quite a bit from them, but not really useable unless you're on a motorway or track.
Posted By: Mk6Paul Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 30th Mar 2006 11:48pm
Might consider the spoon chip then, although think im prob gonna concentrate on increasing the torque 4 now. As its all about how fast you can get there, not how fast you can go. As there arent many places you can do 146mph!

Paul
Posted By: joe Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 31st Mar 2006 4:24pm
very nice car mate really like them i was thinking bout getting 1 get some pics up soon
Car is getting cleaned tomorrow, if weather holds out, so will post pics later in the afternoon.
Posted By: Wheels Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 26th Jun 2006 10:58pm
try something like this!

Click Me

I found this today! just listen to the sound of it after the rolling road!
Posted By: scoop Re: MK6Paul : Honda Civic Type r 30th anniversary - 27th Jun 2006 5:09pm
supercharger sounds lovely. The lauch control sounds terrible and cant be better than launching with your own foot control (the ingition is cut for far too long and 300RPM is a bit low) Nice car as a whole
I no a few lads who are running JRSC at 9psi plus a few other things such as k-pro ecu's and there all running 245whp.
I wouldnt mind getting a stroker kit and toda cams which give the same performance, lol.

Paul
© Wirral-Wikiwirral