Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 12:23am
OK this is a Bog standard K plate XR4X4 2.9 V6 EFI i just bought yesterday for 500 quid off some old geezer from wales.
Its done 96,000 miles with all the old mots n stuff to proove.
First thing i gotta sort out are the bushes on the gear selector cos the gearsticks all over the place! Apart from that its spot on and drives like a dream.
As its standard (its even got the original stereo) i`ve got plenty to play with and apart from the bushes i don`t know where to start???
Anyone got any performance tips for me as its only 160 BHP @ the moment and i want to start on engine mods first?
if anyones got any performance parts they wanna sell for this i may be interested so send me a message.
Also after leather interiour coz the drivers seats got a rip in it.
I took a gamble on buying this car as i did`nt even goto view it. The guy delivered it for me from north wales on the basis of it being sold. I think i done alright on that gamble as its clearly been looked after.
But now its time to awaken the beast to its full potential! lol (i carn`t afford a cossie).

[Linked Image]

In not bad nick!

[Linked Image]

That bonnets gotta be sorted!

[Linked Image]

Side (notice the slight wheelarch rust! typical!)

[Linked Image]

Me back end, lol

[Linked Image]

And standard engine frown

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 4:42pm
speak to tupac hes got a 2.9 XR4i
Posted By: bigcos Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 4:51pm
looks nice that ste hi
Posted By: scoop Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 6:11pm
it looks immaculate.Not sure how tunable the 2.9s are but stock the figures are identical to the 2.8.How mad is that
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 7:23pm
Hey, do you know Mike from Toronto?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 9:43pm
just put tupac onto another xr4i.

Cheers Al, sort you out Fri mate, nice motor you got there happy

Its tidy but not immaculate, got a bit of rust on the arches & theres a dent in offside sill where a jack must`ve slipped. Tidier than i expected though so its a bonus smile

Yeah, i know Mike & Dave.
Posted By: spinking Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 6th Feb 2006 11:56pm
Filter. zorst . chip . cams.

Bets bet it a company called topboss they know alot about the colonge engine.

BEST ENGINE TO GET AND TUNE.

Click me

Its a veryhard engine to tune 200bhp will cost alot. but can be done and the engines are VERY STRONG water pupms are a bit crap and like mine the big end shells go after a while but thats all really.

Get some alloys on it and if you hear of another one getting broken let us know need the lsd off it.
Posted By: robbie Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 16th Feb 2006 12:22am
ive got a bumper for one them if intersted
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Totopop : Ford XR4X4 - 16th Feb 2006 2:58am
lol, what "type" of bumper???
The one on mines mintonious!
How many sheets anyway?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral