Forums
Posted By: meem12 rav 4 - 28th Aug 2015 4:30pm
Hi i am looking for a mobile mechanic,my husband is very poorly,and his Rav 4 car has sat in the garage,it went for an mot last month and passed with an advisory,to have new head lights something about corrosion this has been done,but it has a small oil leak that was not picked up on the mot,i want to sell this car but worried that the oil leak may cause trouble,and would like it looked at.
thanks for reading this.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: rav 4 - 28th Aug 2015 5:07pm
Hi Meem, it is to your credit that you don't want to sell your hubbie's car with a slight oil leak, but the car has passed it's M.O.T. and is therefore roadworthy, why not simply advise any prospective purchaser about it and if necessary reflect this in the asking price. Good luck.
Posted By: meem12 Re: rav 4 - 29th Aug 2015 11:24am
Hi Ludwigvan,Thank you for the reply ,i know it is not a bad leak as it has sat in a garage for 12 months and just a couple of spots on the floor of the garage it has only done 10 miles in 12 months that's when my husband was taken off the road,i just need peace of mind its had a new windscreen as it had a small hole in it that's been done.Laraine has given me a number,just so i don't rip someone off.
Thank you for answering me
Take care
meem
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: rav 4 - 29th Aug 2015 12:28pm
Meem, you're too nice to be selling cars, I just hope no one takes advantage of you.
Posted By: meem12 Re: rav 4 - 29th Aug 2015 4:52pm
Thank you fingers crossed,i am going to take advice and i have the Rottweiler the daughter behind me.
Posted By: meem12 Re: rav 4 - 5th Sep 2015 9:38am
Hi laraine, just to let you know Mark is coming on Monday morning to see my husbands car,he has been on holiday he phoned me after i sent him an e-mail,and at the time the mobile was going and the land line Mark on the mobile and the home telling me to get to the home as my husband was having a bad seizure,and being taken to Arrowe park.
I had to explain to Mark but he will be here Monday morning and my husband is ok.
Thank you so much for taking time to reply to me with Mark's phone number and i hope Karma pays you back with something nice. Mavex
© Wirral-Wikiwirral