Forums
Posted By: rossi-foci Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 12:51pm
Not sure if this is in the right section, wouldn't really know what to class it as!

Basically, I do a lot of motorway driving etc, and down country roads, so I always find that my windscreen (aswell as bumper and reg plate) is covered in flies all the time.

I use quite concentrated screenwash and my wiper blades are quite good, but no matter what, the dead squatted flies just smear across the screen, I can never get rid properly, even when i wash the car and scrub the screen!

Ok, it might seem a petty topic, but its so annoying when your trying to get the car gleaming, and when the sun catches the windsreen it's like dead fly-central!

Just thought that someone out there might have some good tips on really getting them off the glass... help

Cheers Guys thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 12:58pm
My wipers are useless for getting flys off as well, i find that you've just go to really scrub the windscreen when your washing the car mate, also maybe use a cloth on the screen rather than a sponge?
Posted By: whitfiej1 Re: Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 12:58pm
I've used Autoglym Fast Glass in the past and that does an alright job. some elbow grease is needed for the baked on dtuff though. £4.99 in Halfords. TurtleWax do one as well thats about the same price. Same thing, different bottle.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 1:05pm
any ideads for a mag pie splattered across the wind screen. or drunks that wont move out the way on sat night
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 1:10pm
Originally posted by rossi-foci:
Not sure if this is in the right section, wouldn't really know what to class it as!

Basically, I do a lot of motorway driving etc, and down country roads, so I always find that my windscreen (aswell as bumper and reg plate) is covered in flies all the time.

I use quite concentrated screenwash and my wiper blades are quite good, but no matter what, the dead squatted flies just smear across the screen, I can never get rid properly, even when i wash the car and scrub the screen!

Ok, it might seem a petty topic, but its so annoying when your trying to get the car gleaming, and when the sun catches the windsreen it's like dead fly-central!

Just thought that someone out there might have some good tips on really getting them off the glass... help

Cheers Guys thumbsup
MURDERER!!!!!!!! My best school friend was a fly!!!
Posted By: scoop Re: Bizarre Topic - Flies/Windscreens! - 18th Jul 2005 1:12pm
Turtle wax bug wipes get them off,then i advise putting a coating on the glass that stops things sticking so easy, kinda like paint wax makes the car easier to wash, see if u can get a similar thing for the glass. The jets have a screenwash that repels bugs etc..makes em real easy to get off. They are harder to get off after time as they dry on,try to get em off asap to make your life easier, and drive slower, gives em a chance to get out the way lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral