Forums
Posted By: rossi-foci Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 4:45pm
Just wondered about everyone's alarms etc! Might be looking at getting a good alarm on my car, but dont want to spent hundreds on an amazing one, and dont want to be a cheapskate and get one that bleeps and doesnt do anythin!
Whats all yours views on alarms and that, or what ones you think are the best value for money and safest? Would love a clifford one wif all the extras...but wouldnt we all!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 5:15pm
aint got one but you seen my car so dont need one coz wont get knicked.

Get a basic clifford and add to it slowly like adam, dont rush in and get it just coz it makes coffee in the morning.
Posted By: joe Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 5:25pm
ive got a sigma which i got and was all fitted 4 £170 its a basic 1 but does everything u need and u can get add ons at a later date
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 7:15pm
yeah thats the sorta thing am lookin for. jus a basic one that is good and can be added on to when i'm feelin flush!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 7:58pm
Highly rate Clifford as I have one, as Daz106 said you can always add features to it @ a later date but be warned these can be expensive (Its an extra £200 for push-button start)
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 9:38pm
Get a Clifford. Ive got one and i can't fault it at all.
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Alarms - 26th Nov 2004 11:56pm
i've got a clifford matrix. i pay monthly 4 it so maybe set up a direct debit and u want see the money go. I defo advise a thatcham approved device mate, takes ur insurance down too.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: Alarms - 27th Nov 2004 1:55am
i have a thatham cat 1 alarm cost about £400 and it reduced my insurance a bit so advise is to get an approved one matey and i think it will help in the long run
hope this helps

Regards
TonyMK2
Posted By: scoop Re: Alarms - 27th Nov 2004 3:47pm
whatever u get ensure it has pins on everything and i shock sensor.Mines a bit bust at the mo. the interior radar is set not sensitive enough so u can be inside the car for a bit until it finds u and goes off but when i turn it up it goes off when my lucky charm on the mirror wobbles. i blame the tints.stuff like that really messes up the radar as its reflective.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Alarms - 27th Nov 2004 6:37pm
Went to Cablex in bebington for my meta alarm. £150 and linked up to the central locking. It's definately loud enough. Pm me if you want their no.
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Alarms - 27th Nov 2004 8:01pm
thanks for all ya adivce agen boys. will be lookin in2 gettin a clifford one happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Alarms - 1st Dec 2004 12:36am
Yeah, definately a Clifford. Loads of features, I still haven't figured it out yet.
I've been locked out of my car about three times now, it's a bit too secure.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Alarms - 1st Dec 2004 12:39am
StationMiek i know the feelin! Showin off me install i got locked out and had 2 climb in threw boot and over the buckets!
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Alarms - 1st Dec 2004 2:01pm
hahaha "Clifford - So good, even the car's owner cant get back in"! (agility essential to climb thro the boot!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral