Forums
Warning : New Number Plate Recogition Camera on the Wirral

Hooton roundabout at Eastham M53 junction now has several Number Plate Recognition Camera's fitted covering all angles of the roundabout.

Basically if you have no TAX or MOT or Insurance then your nicked.......

These camera's take your number plate and check it against electronic databases which check if the owner has a driving licence, Road Tax and Insurance. If you dont have any of them then your summonsed to appear in court to be procecuted smack

[Linked Image]
This is not the exact camera but its what they look like (Descreet)
This is all a bit like Big Brother

However i agree with catching un-insured drivers etc etc as we all pay for these people through our own high insurance premiums omg

Whats everyone else think ?
Great idea and hopefully, insurance premiums will go down because of it.
Agreed
Great idea. People who dont follow the laws of the road dont deserve the be on the road and i'll laugh when they get caught.

I may not agree with the ridiculous costs motorists have to pay to run a car but i do it,and if i didnt wanna MOT my car then id take it off the road or simply not own it.MOT/TAX/insurance/license are neccesary. Shame tax is so much eh?
what are the cameras by the little cheff in eastham?
Has ne one passed through da A41 nr Wirral Met carlet? cuz ders dis weird lookin cam der aswel but i neva no wot dat is, bin der for some time now. its kinda grey blue ish lookin. is dat a "Number Plate Recogition Camera" aswel?.
i thought that one is for TAX
what happens if you dont have a number plate on the front, lol
a bobby will pull u
I somtimes use my mates car who doesnt drive but my insurance lets me drive other cars how would that work.
Basically your not insured Tupac.

Your insurance has driver extension by the sounds of it. This allows you to drive other cars with only 3rd party cover on the very strict condition that car is already insured by someone else.

If that car isnt already insured then your NOT covered.

If you could do that why do people like me pay Thousands every year for trade policies ?

Be carefull bud smack

I am told that the ones on the roundabout (By the little chef in eastam) are the only number plate recognition camera's on the wirral.

If those ones by carlet park were tax cameras then they would be number plate recognition camera's. TAX camera's dont check your tax, they check your number plate and tfrom the number plate check if the car is taxed. Those camera's are traffic monitering camera's only. Basically moniter the volume of traffic and to see if there are any traffic jams etc etc...
Cheers scooby didnt know that omg
are the number plate ones near the glegg arms on the chester high road? have a look just after clegg going towards chester
Originally posted by Scooby:
I am told that the ones on the roundabout (By the little chef in eastam) are the only number plate recognition camera's on the wirral.
think think think
Insurance is too high now a days ! dont know what this country is trying to do !

HOUSE INSURANCE COSTS LESS £50 a year for £150,000 house ok yeh
BUT CAR INSURANCE COST LOADS for a £2000 Car !
daft i say

am 20 like still not cheap !
rip off !
But car insurance is more likely to be claimed upon and also the payouts for things like injuries and damage tend to be quite high. The likelyhood of fatalities and serious injuries is also much higher.

Also, with car insurance you are covering a 3rd party, with house insurance it is only your property.

On top of this, as you prove to your insurance company that you are a safe driver over the years (courtesy of your accrued NCB), your insurnace goes lower and lower, as with your age. If you can prove to an insurance company over a period of x amount of years that you are a safe and careful driver, then you will usually be rewarded with much lower premiums then what you pay at the age of ~20.

I agree that car insurance is expensive, but to me personally it is fair considering the amount of accidents on the roads today and the average cost of repairs and/or medical treatment.

smile
i agree with matty
© Wirral-Wikiwirral