Forums
Posted By: OkeyCokey Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 11:53am
Is the CCTV spy car banned in the Wirral yet for sneaky fines?

http://http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3022736/CCTV-spy-cars-banned-bid-stop-threat-fines-drives-people-shop-town-online.html
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 3:57pm
Don't know but I saw it out and about yesterday.
Posted By: Santos Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 4:09pm
It was parked between Moreton X and Aldi yesterday.
Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 4:29pm
I saw it parked in Irby a week or so ago
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 5:47pm
Someone on my Facebook feed has just had a rant about being caught so its not banned just yet.
Posted By: Mark Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 7:33pm
There is a topic on here somewhere.
If i remember its not completely banned only from certain places.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 7:50pm
Back in Irby today or yesterday. It was set up by an area that is legal to park in (no yellow lines) but does cause a bit of a traffic problem so maybe just monitoring
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 29th Apr 2015 8:10pm
"Councils will still be able to use the CCTV cars to issue postal tickets for any offences that occur on critical routes, including those near schools, bus lanes, bus stops and on red routes"

They can still use the cars anywhere else but a ticket has to be placed on the offending vehicle instead of the postal ticket.
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 1st May 2015 12:10pm
Well, just been sent a photo of my vehicle dropping my son off at school in bus, restricted area...fair cop....BUT, my sons face is clearly visible on the photos issued. I thought only the vehicle and reg had to be identified? Is this contravening privacy or something??
There are no restrictions on taking photographs of people in normal public places.

From 2013 ...

More than 1,000 children a month are being injured on local roads around British schools, insurance industry figures indicate.

Insurers also say 37% of local school areas had at least one child road injury each year from 2006 to 2011

Those statistics are horrendous, 12,000 kids a year getting injured in the vicinty of schools.
Posted By: BenMelody Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 2nd May 2015 8:21am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
There are no restrictions on taking photographs of people in normal public places.

From 2013 ...

More than 1,000 children a month are being injured on local roads around British schools, insurance industry figures indicate.

Insurers also say 37% of local school areas had at least one child road injury each year from 2006 to 2011

Those statistics are horrendous, 12,000 kids a year getting injured in the vicinty of schools.

It's shocking how people drive around schools and I'm talking about the parents, once thier kid is safe they are oblivious to anybody else's safety, it then becomes about getting home/work as quickly as possible. I constantly see stupidity in its scariest form! No indication, no looking before pulling out, road rage infront of the kids and selfish parking. Bloody nightmare! These figures do not surprise me.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 2nd May 2015 8:55am
We have a council willing to spend on a static catch them and milk them strategy, whilst doing away with school crossing personnel. I would give the crossing personnel a wage rise and powers to book said parents who flaunt every rule in the book on a daily basis in the name of the "school run".
Posted By: BenMelody Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 2nd May 2015 7:22pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean
We have a council willing to spend on a static catch them and milk them strategy, whilst doing away with school crossing personnel. I would give the crossing personnel a wage rise and powers to book said parents who flaunt every rule in the book on a daily basis in the name of the "school run".

Totally agree. smile
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 5th May 2015 9:09am
Well said all previous comments, but going back to facial recognition, it is only the car and it registration that has to be identified - not my son. As I said, fair cop to me dropping him off in a restricted area and paying the price. Interesting "Freedom Of Information" article between a member of the public and the council re- CCTV car

Here:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cctv_cars

Quote from further down the page:
"We carry out CCTV enforcement for Wirral Borough Council. Our CCTV is
mobile and is attached to a Toyota IQ. The CCTV is used for traffic
enforcement only and is only used to capture vehicle information. The
vehicle does not monitor any movements of the general public and is not
used for any security issues or to identify any person involved in parking
contraventions. Please could you confirm that parking enforcement officers
do not need a SIA licence to carry out their duties in such a vehicle?"
Posted By: Mark Re: Is the CCTV car banned in the Wirral ? - 5th May 2015 9:18pm
That's a great read all be it from 2011.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral