Forums
Posted By: scoop Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 2:52pm
Heard on the radions that the goverment arens plannins to brings in pay as youns drive scheme,sounds pretty crap but they say theyns gonna completely drop road tax and fuel duty. This means fuel would be about 40p cheaper or so and road tax gone saves youns 120 at least a year. Not sure how much it will cost youns to do 100 miles on the new scheme but i reckons it'd be cheeap(ish) any of youns no any mores about this scheme and what is youns opinions of it

Ya scrat'eads. *Gotta love devoo*
Posted By: DavidB Re: Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 3:01pm
**** that, we're already getting raped by fuel and tax, this is going to even costlier!
On the continent, they don't have tax, it's added onto the fuel price, and it isn't even as pricey as our fuel.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 6:50pm
lets face it 1 way or the other it will cost the same in the long run
Posted By: scoop Re: Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 6:54pm
It really does depend on how much u drive, in mikes case,if he covered 9000 miles in 12 months in all 3 cars combined it may work out cheaper. I mean come on, ur paying 350 quid at least on tax for 3 cars
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 7:18pm
thievin old grey men. a change in charges is code for more charges. there is no way u can possibly benefit from this. u will b able to drive on a direct yet expensive route, or indirect yet in expensive route. each r costly in 1 way or another.

1 thort i had 2. if they can calculate what time ur travellin on a road and where u r. how long will it take them to use the 2 to work out an average speed between points and then fine us 4 doina perfectly safe 80 miles an hour.

tony blair and alistar i luv u darling ur havin a tin bath u big gay lovers
Posted By: scoop Re: Pay as you drive - 5th Jun 2005 10:42pm
Agreed the goverment are absolute toss but this may benefit some, 1 question i have tho is:

The point of this is to make people use there car less,its to encourage peeps to use public transport instead of poluting the world(haha) so if this actually happens and a lot fewer cars are run each day the goverment will recieve LESS money. Can they cope with this, I can see the charge rising when tonys chav kid needs his private jet etc..... I like my plan. Scrap fuel duty and tax fags up like a biyatch. 6 quid for 20 should be high enough. I dont give a crap, smoking is bad and if peeps are gonna complain about the cost of em STOP smokin em. The goverment wont think of this tho will they?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pay as you drive - 6th Jun 2005 12:01am
Apparently the costs would vary from 2p per mile on the quietest roads, to £1.30 per mile on the M6,5,4 & 25 in rush hour! TBH I think it's a poo idea, although if it does happen it won't be for another ten years or so.
Posted By: scoop Re: Pay as you drive - 6th Jun 2005 12:17am
ok sack that idea then. I cud see me travellin from leuchars to birkenhead,200 miles of M6/M74(scottish M6) on a friday at 5PM. Thats over 300 quid!!! and then theres the other 100 miles of other roads. Sod that
Posted By: Mark Re: Pay as you drive - 6th Jun 2005 9:20am
You could call it "Scam Tax" instead of Road Tax ?

One to keep an eye on for sure..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pay as you drive - 6th Jun 2005 9:41am
this better not happen eek
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Pay as you drive - 6th Jun 2005 10:05am
BBC News link
© Wirral-Wikiwirral