Forums
Posted By: Steve How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 7:40pm
anyone know roughly how much it would cost to replace a 1.6L Zetec engine with a 1.8L and where the best place to get it done would be?

Any ideas are greatly apreciated?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 7:58pm
the bottom end on me vauxhall astra van went, i went to see auto safe, it was changed for a new one in under 4 days and the price was very good, i suggest you go there.
Posted By: Steve Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 8:15pm
I think I will do that first thing in the morning..

out of curiosity how much did you pay for the bottom end replacing?

Would it be more work to swap a whole engine or to replace the bottom end?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 11:09pm
not sure on that one, speak to jay about it. sorry but i cant tell you the price but it was very good. have you got an engine sorted, if not i can give you the number of a very good scrap yard that will deliver you a good engine at a very good price too.
Posted By: Scooby Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 11:13pm
Several of Cruisewirrals sponsers can replace engines.

Click here to view sponsers page.........

Click here for Autosafe info if required....
Posted By: Steve Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 11:14pm
thanks sanchez bro, yea if you can give me the number of that place it would be awesome... I am going to go and see jay after I have been to hospital tomorrow...

If they cant sort out the rattling for me I am going to replace the engine.. Lets see how it goes 2moro
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much to replace an engine? - 15th Aug 2005 11:29pm
the number is07970844180, ask for kirsty, tell her that andy who was after the civic vti engine, and the vauxhall astra engine told you to ring and she will go easy on the price for you, if she cant remember tell her it was the wrong honda ebgine, that will remind her
© Wirral-Wikiwirral