Forums
Posted By: Salmon Motor World - 28th Mar 2015 5:43pm
Motor world in trouble, 350 jobs lost.

http://www.retail-week.com/property...-calls-in-administrators/5073333.article
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: Motor World - 28th Mar 2015 5:46pm
Wallasey and Moreton stores already been emptied. No hanging around and no prospect of bailout / buyout. Sad times.
Posted By: Santos Re: Motor World - 28th Mar 2015 9:21pm
Saw them emptying the Wallasey Village store a couple of days ago. I wonder what will happen to the stock and if any of it will be sold off cheaply. Very sorry for the staff who have lost their jobs, I bet Halfords will be rubbing their hands, less opposition.
Posted By: tedmus Re: Motor World - 28th Mar 2015 9:30pm
Shame this, good lads at the Wallasey Village branch, always helpful.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Motor World - 28th Mar 2015 11:20pm
Quite strange this. Tetrosyl own the Motor World brand. Its only 4 days ago that Tetrosyl said they were going to buy 32 of the Pacific Retail shops that closed.

What's even stranger, is I think Tetrosyl owned Pacific Retail before they closed, they seem to have had a division go into administration and another division of the same company is buying up the spoils.

I don't understand the full relationships but there is Tetrosyl, Godfrey Automotive, Motor World, Maccess, Motormania and probably more all involved in this.
Posted By: neilhbb Re: Motor World - 29th Mar 2015 7:55am
Such a shame, and feel for those that have lost their jobs. Even less competition for Halfrauds now
Posted By: Salmon Re: Motor World - 29th Mar 2015 8:37am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Quite strange this. Tetrosyl own the Motor World brand. Its only 4 days ago that Tetrosyl said they were going to buy 32 of the Pacific Retail shops that closed.

What's even stranger, is I think Tetrosyl owned Pacific Retail before they closed, they seem to have had a division go into administration and another division of the same company is buying up the spoils.

I don't understand the full relationships but there is Tetrosyl, Godfrey Automotive, Motor World, Maccess, Motormania and probably more all involved in this.

Very odd to say the least and this article seems to make thing less clear.http://www.catmag.co.uk/tag/tetrosyl
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Motor World - 31st Mar 2015 1:03pm
Can't say I've been into a Motorworld for many years.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral