Forums
Posted By: breaksbassbleeps BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 6:06pm
Hi everyone.

This is really just me putting the feelers out to gauge interest and I think the money savers section is the most appropriate to ask in..

Anyway I'm just wondering who would realistically like it if a course was run with the aim of teaching how to make BioDiesel? This would include both theory and practical. You would end up with a small batch to take home with you which you'd made on the course.

What kind of course duration would people be able to do?
Which days too?
What would a fair course fee be considering the potential savings made from the experience?
What size classes would people prefer to be in?

Thank you for your time. and any suggestions welcomed.
Regards.

Alex
Posted By: danjaylai Re: BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 7:34pm
To be fair, I'd be more interested in finding out where i can just buy it
Posted By: organiser Re: BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 8:32pm
Likewise
Posted By: fish5133 Re: BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 11:26pm
Would the course cover how to evade the tax man and the other legal considerations. People getting busted for it.
Posted By: breaksbassbleeps Re: BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 11:46pm
all aspects would be covered and it is legal.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BioDiesel. - 15th Feb 2015 11:52pm
You are allowed to make 2500 litres of bio diesel, for personal use, tax free.

If your diesel averages 40mpg, then that's enough for 20k miles / year wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: BioDiesel. - 16th Feb 2015 8:56pm
If you have produced less than 2,500 litres in the last 12 months, or if you expect to produce less than this amount in the next 12 months, you may be an exempt producer. If you are an exempt producer you are only required to keep production records

If you are an exempt producer (as defined in paragraph 4.2.1) you only need to record and keep the following information:

the date of each supply and/or own use
the amount in standard litres of each supply or own use

You should check the amounts produced at the end of each month. If you have produced 2,500 litres or more in the last 12 months, or expect to produce 2,500 litres or more in the next 12 months, you must contact us within 30 days to register your premises

SOURCE
Posted By: organiser Re: BioDiesel. - 16th Feb 2015 9:52pm
What qualifications do you need to teach the course and what qualifications have you got in that respect
Posted By: Gibbo Re: BioDiesel. - 20th Feb 2015 3:11pm
Are we talking biodiesel or recovering and using waste vegetable oil?

Its worth bearing in mind that many modern diesels don't like veggy oil, or some biodiesels for that matter. I think Morrisons released a blend some years ago and had to discontinue it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral