Forums
Posted By: ukpaul30 Toad AI606 Problems - 21st Sep 2014 12:26pm
I have a toad Ai606 alarm/immobiliser and every time I arm it chirps 3 times which means there is a door/bonnet left open, but nothing is open at all,i have checked all the contacts and there all working fine, its fitted onto a motorhome that I have just bought, my wife was pressing all the buttons on the key fob as she does not have a clue what she is doing wacko.gif
am just wondering if this needs resetting? and also would the immobiliser still work as it does if I reset it as I don't have any codes for it(if I need one)
Not even sure if it can be reset?
Thanks
Posted By: turnip Re: Toad AI606 Problems - 24th Sep 2014 2:55pm
Turnips dad - For the Toad to recognise a door has been opened you need to ensure the Toad is connected up to the door opening pins. These are already in place and require a Diode to be spliced in due the possibility of having a "convenience light" circuit in the car – This way, if you have it you will keep the convenient light system. If you do not have a diode you will need to unplug the convenient light system on the door push buttons – otherwise you will get false alarms.

If you want to check the diode operation remove each switch and check that the diode only passes voltage in one direction, if it does not then this could be the problem.

Posted By: ukpaul30 Re: Toad AI606 Problems - 24th Sep 2014 3:55pm
Originally Posted by turnip
Turnips dad - For the Toad to recognise a door has been opened you need to ensure the Toad is connected up to the door opening pins. These are already in place and require a Diode to be spliced in due the possibility of having a "convenience light" circuit in the car – This way, if you have it you will keep the convenient light system. If you do not have a diode you will need to unplug the convenient light system on the door push buttons – otherwise you will get false alarms.

If you want to check the diode operation remove each switch and check that the diode only passes voltage in one direction, if it does not then this could be the problem.

Hi
Thanks for your reply, I tried this today and it is not the problem,
so don't know what else to try, may just end up taking it somewhere for someone to take a look at it for me
paul
© Wirral-Wikiwirral