Forums
Posted By: Little_B power steering pressure switch focus - 19th Sep 2014 7:33pm
the power steering pressure switch has just started leaking fluid everywhere i can sort the switch easy job take two mins my problem is how do i drain and bleed the system properly. i have done most other jobs on my cars in the past but never dealt with power steering before so any advice would be grateful. cheers
Posted By: Willo_ Re: power steering pressure switch focus - 19th Sep 2014 8:14pm
Replace switch, fill back up fluid leave cap of, start car turn wheels lock to lock a few times to push air out top back up to correct level, repeat then put cap back on.
And away you go
Posted By: beanie65 Re: power steering pressure switch focus - 19th Sep 2014 8:15pm
Hi, its a really easy job, to drain the system just undo one of the pipes to the power steering pump, and then when you are done fill the reservoir with fluid turn on the engine and move the steering wheel side to side and the system will bleed.
Posted By: Little_B Re: power steering pressure switch focus - 19th Sep 2014 9:03pm
cheers for the info think that should be do-able need to drain it properly cos the fluid seems dark. thanks again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral