Forums
Posted By: kenmo52 Car insurance renewals - 25th Aug 2014 9:43pm
Last year or early this year I vaguely remembered reading a post about Aviva car insurance, when my Aviva renewal letter arrived last Saturday quoting me £357 for fully comprehensive with 7 years no claims, protected no claims, legal cover and £350 excess, I followed the previous post about Aviva on Wiki and went onto Aviva's website and requested a new quote, I then typed in all the info exactly as it was on the renewal notice, except I lowered the excess to £250.
The result was a quote for £215.
Thinking I must have missed something, I rang Aviva and they checked the 2 quotes against each other and said the only difference was the reduction in my excess by £100 and a reduction in my premium of £142. Aviva were great, no arguments.
So give it a go, I am absolutely amazed. Thanks to whoever put the previous post about Aviva on Wiki.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car insurance renewals - 25th Aug 2014 11:48pm
It may have been me, and if I didn't post about it I have done that with Aviva in the past; received my renewal them got a better online quote - they then honoured the cheaper online figure smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 5:03am
Same with LV,my renewal quote comes in the post,I look online and it is cheaper with exactly the same details including excess. A call to LV and they give me the cheaper price. The explanation they give is that online you are given an "introductory discount". So the lesson is never accept the renewal letter quote. The real lesson is that they will try to get as much from you as possible.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 7:15am
I will be getting a brand new Fiesta ST 3 soon, so have been looking around for quotes, I was expecting stupid money, but wow am shocked, £300 a year that is cheap, I was paying more than that on a 1.2 punto.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 9:02am
Due to tighter restrictions on whiplash claims, and better ANPR systems for detection of those avoiding motoring costs, motor insurance is falling at last smile

Comparison sites also help keep the competition healthy.

Your renewal will always be the company trying it on, shop round though, and 99% of the time, you will get a better deal smile
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 9:52am
If you had gone through Topcashback you could have even got £73.50 cashback on your policy as well.
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/aviva_car_insurance/

Last renewal for me cost around £125 after my cashback. Full no claims me and wife fully comp on top of the range new clio.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 6:42pm
All insurance companies are the same, they try and catch out the lazy people who just auto renew. Admiral did the same for me this year, knocking nearly £400 off the renewal of my multicar policy.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 7:13pm
How the hell is your insurance 300 a year on a new st willo
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 7:25pm
Originally Posted by mikroc
How the hell is your insurance 300 a year on a new st willo
it's actually £336, got a few years no claims.

But i was expecting it to be triple that, am shocked its so low, i phoned them to confirm, and it is correct
Posted By: mikroc Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 7:27pm
Lucky you then
Posted By: mikroc Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 7:31pm
Is everyone else's cheap on here apart from mine
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Car insurance renewals - 26th Aug 2014 8:46pm
Insurance period is one big scam
Fraud would stop over night if cash was removed from claims but theres a whole family of parasites to pay esp if someones rear ended you and its a free for all
Lawyers physios car repair paint shops etc etc
You are basically paying for all the claims while you keep your nose clean
When they moan about paying out alot ,insurance companies cover their arse money wise
Like the tote at haydock
Esure my one ,floated their stocks recently and made 57 mil profit but ceos peter wood stuart vann made 200 million
then if you try to claim theyll do all they can to not pay out
parasites!!!
they will swallow each other up like energy monopolies so youll deal with just 3 of them in 10 years
Posted By: shar215 Re: Car insurance renewals - 27th Aug 2014 1:31pm
mine was £212 this year . but it is a fiat 500 ,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral