Forums
Posted By: Little_B Renault traffic mileage problem - 17th Jul 2014 9:48am
Just wandering if anyone knows a way to bring the mileage down on our work van just had an engine fitted in it that has only done fifty thousand and the original one had done one hundred an forty thousand
Posted By: Dilly Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 17th Jul 2014 9:57am
but the rest of the van has done the higher mileage and the original mileage will show on all previous mot's so there would really be no point.
Posted By: Reno37 Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 17th Jul 2014 11:52am
I agree with Dilly, also I would advise that you will find it is illegal to wind back the recorded mileage on a motor vehicle, and also that all recorded milage readings are specified within the MOT Certificate. You will also need to notify DVLC of the new engine number and any changes to the Cubic Capacity CC which may affect the taxation class,details of which are recorded in the log book details. Take care before altering any details in relation to the vehicle, call into a Police station, ask advice and verify the facts first.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 17th Jul 2014 1:13pm
Originally Posted by Reno37
I agree with Dilly, also I would advise that you will find it is illegal to wind back the recorded mileage on a motor vehicle,
It is not illegal, it only becomes illegal if you do it in order to misslead buyers that it has done less milse.

You can put milaege to what ever you want, plenty of companys out there who do this.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 17th Jul 2014 2:17pm
By winding the clock back then its misleading,and why do these People do it,to bump up price,otherwise why go to the trouble,

There was a guy in are place who turned the clock back on his lease hired transit as he was only allowed 50,000 per year,he was doing a hundred thousand plus,He then handed it over at the end of the lease,for some one to buy at auction, .. its so wrong which ever way you look at it.
Posted By: Reno37 Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 18th Jul 2014 9:41am
Very interesting report recomend review

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11897982
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Renault traffic mileage problem - 18th Jul 2014 6:08pm
Originally Posted by Reno37
Very interesting report recomend review

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11897982

i was really really hoping that was going to be an article written by quentin willson wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral