Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Praise where praise is due. - 11th Jul 2014 9:30pm
You don't often see garages praised, but I have (maybe had) a problem with the DPF on my Focus recently, forcing it into 'limp' mode. It has taken three visits for them to 'sort of' fix it, the last one taking five days, which included an MOT (new brake pads fitted).

I need it anyway this week end and decided to take it back, fixed or not. I expected to pay for the MOT work of course, but also expected to argue about the cost of five days of fighting with it, which included a replacement split hose.

In the event, they waived ALL fees, and suggested I come back in about a week when they will have borrowed a more sophisticated diagnostic kit. In fact when I got home I reset the fault and the car seems fine for the time being anyway. We'll see how things pan out I expect.

One expects to get ripped off by garages - I certainly have been in the past - but I think these people have treated me very decently. I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer so I will name them.

They are Ian Barclay, of Rock Ferry located on the New Chester Road near the bypass roundabout.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Praise where praise is due. - 12th Jul 2014 8:58am
That's excellent. As a nation we have come expect terrible customer services, this is from everyone from the local plumber who doesn't call you back all the way through to the lines of credit card companies.

The sooner that trades of all description realise that the key to success is excellent customers he better!

#toomanycowboys
© Wirral-Wikiwirral