Forums
Posted By: Little_B quad bikes what are the laws - 3rd Jun 2014 9:12pm
i'v had a look around and i'm getting very vague rules, just wandering if anyone can shed some light on the matter for me i have a full car only driving licence an want to know what is the biggest engine size quad bike i can ride on the road and if my mate only had a cbt what is the biggest he could ride, any help would be appreciated or links to sites. cheers
Posted By: x_plore Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 3rd Jun 2014 10:11pm
Hope this helps.....

https://www.gov.uk/quad-bikes-the-rules

As for your friend, I think if he inquired in a motorbike shop they could advise him further. He might be able to ride one up to a 125 on a CBT, but I am not sure. Good luck
Posted By: Little_B Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 3rd Jun 2014 10:20pm
thanks bud i'v been on that site and it doesn't state any engine size restrictions for me, i thought it would be up to 125 on a cbt like a bike but the gov seem quite vague.
Posted By: turnip Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 4th Jun 2014 5:35am
Best bet is to look on the back of your licence and google the codes. That will tell you what you can drive with what restrictions.
Posted By: mikroc Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 4th Jun 2014 7:40am
You can't ride a quad on a cbt as it's classed as like a car that's why no helmets are needed as for full driving license engine size does not matter
Posted By: casper Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 4th Jun 2014 9:13am
You require a full car licence or a cat B1 if issued before Jan 1997, as stated before engine size is immaterial, because you cant ride one without the car licence
Posted By: Little_B Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 4th Jun 2014 8:42pm
Thats everyone
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: quad bikes what are the laws - 7th Jun 2014 5:37pm
You getting a quad zilla?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral