Forums
Posted By: turnip Painting Exhaust Manifold - 13th Apr 2014 5:29pm
I'm currently in the process of completely overhauling an old rover, sorting the body out, rebuilding the engine and doing a full respray.

I have just taken the exhaust of and while I will be replacing a couple of bits of it I'd really like to save the manifold. I'm looking at rubbing it down/blasting it and either painting it or coating it in something that will last long.

Anyone got and hints, tips or product recommendations?
Posted By: markhoz Re: Painting Exhaust Manifold - 13th Apr 2014 5:38pm
Hi I have used sperex VHT paint a few times with success,available from motorbike shops in many colours and also used platicote barbecue paint,but only available in limited colours,but also very good.like all paint jobs preparation is the key,,,,,Hope this helps,Mark.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Painting Exhaust Manifold - 13th Apr 2014 6:22pm
Have you checked out the guy who lives in Greasby, he does old cars up,he may be able to help you, I don't know him but he has a few old cars he seems to be working on, I only pass his house on the main road and being nosey have a look as I pass by, just because I'm nosey doesn't mean I don't love old cars all done up and working. laugh
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Painting Exhaust Manifold - 13th Apr 2014 10:44pm
look on the frost web site, they do some decent stuff, the stuff that por do is good. used their metal ready on the inside of a P6 tank i blasted the other day and it did a great job.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Painting Exhaust Manifold - 14th Apr 2014 7:43am
ZEBO Stove Black,

Used it on motorbike exhausts for years.

K
© Wirral-Wikiwirral