Forums
Posted By: cathie no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 9:04am
My heater isn't working in my car, the fan is ok just not heating up...a bit vague I know but any ideas how much this should cost to fix? As someone who likes their car to be tropically hot this is a disaster for me :-)

It's a 57 plate Astra sxi
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 9:12am
Have you checked the water in the radiator top up tank, may need topping up and if so then that could be another problem,
Posted By: StuyMac Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 9:44am
Does the water temp gauge on the dash get up to indicate the car gets up to temp? If not, it may be the thermostat.

If the gauge goes up to normal (about 1/2 way - 90C) then its most likely the electronics in the dash, or more so the motor that guides hot / cold are around the heater matrix. With the ignition on, can you hear motors working behind the dash when you move the temp control from hot to cold?
Posted By: cathie Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 10:06am
Vanmanone...Water in radiator??? You lost me...I shall find someone to check it :-)

StuyMac...there is no temperature gauge on the daash.
Posted By: Finney Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 11:08am
Nip the car into vauxcare ( they are all vauxhall mechanics ). They are next to screwfix between the A41 and cambletown road ( road by lairds). Greg and Rob will be able to sort it for you, I always use them as they dont rip you off
Posted By: cathie Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 12:52pm
It's ok, panic over, it just needed water in the radiator :-)
Posted By: chriskay Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 1:22pm
Originally Posted by cathie
It's ok, panic over, it just needed water in the radiator :-)

If you don't keep an eye on that, and the oil, it could lead to something far more serious than a lack of heat.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 2:44pm
...and also, where has the water gone?

Is there a possible leak with the potential to escalate?
Posted By: j_demo Re: no heat in Astra - 10th Apr 2014 6:00pm
dya know, i have had the same problem for about a week but thought nothing of it and having seen this thread i am now going straight to put water in the damn thing!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral