Forums
Posted By: nickie 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 1st Jan 2014 7:20pm
went to start the car and nothing happening,it unlocked then put the keycard in and went to start it and nothing, the dashboard symbols lit up but nothing else, we were stuck outside Frankie&Bennys in Bromborough and had to get a lift home,when i went to lock the car it wouldn't lock at first but then it locked.

I,m hoping its something simple, thoughts please people.

Dave.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 1st Jan 2014 7:56pm
Dont know about keycards but my wife dropped her key once and it opened up she put it back together and car wouldnt start. The small chip inside had come out --thankfully i found it in the gutter by the car door. You may need to reprogram it --
Posted By: x_plore Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 1st Jan 2014 8:02pm
May need to replace the battery on the car. Had the same problem with a ford focus. Battery had enough power to lock/unlock car and light everything up, but would not even let the car turn over.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 1st Jan 2014 8:04pm
sounds like starter motor
but I know nowt about key cards either
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 1st Jan 2014 9:15pm
I think a friend had a similar thing on a 54 plate too, pretty sure a new battery helped?

Also do you have a 2nd keycard to try?
Posted By: Blueskier Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 2nd Jan 2014 1:43am
off subject somewhat but if you get a ticket for leaving your car over the allowed time drop me a personal message.
good luck with the car.
Posted By: Nigel Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 2nd Jan 2014 11:58am
How did you get on? What about AA/RAC?
Posted By: nickie Re: 54 plate Renault Megane Scenic - 2nd Jan 2014 2:18pm
Joined the AA in the end and called them out, it turned out to be the earth cable running from the battery to the engine and the clip at the end of the cable had snapped in half.

As for the leaving the car there all night it was fine, we phoned Frankie&Bennies last night to tell them about our situation and they told us it was ok.

Thanks for the replys everyone im just glad it wasn't the keycard which would of cost a fortune.

Dave
© Wirral-Wikiwirral