Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 10:20am
When I got my car the drivers door seal was peeling off, Fords fixed this with some kind of glue.

Now 3 months later its off again and is letting water into my car and causing windows to steam up due to the damp, also passenger door is now starting to peel away.

I today went in to Village motors in Wallasey to get it repaired under warranty, it was booked in for Thursday morning the 7th November.
However Village motors phoned me at 4pm and said they can not fix it under warranty as that part is only a 12 month warranty.

They did tell me Fords have issued a bulletin TSB 59/2008 stating the original glue they used in the factory was not up to the job and is useless, and Fords have issued and started using a new glue for the door seals in the factory.
And If I want it fixing I have to pay.
So Fords admit the glue they used in factory is not up to the job, but if seal fails they wipe there hands of it, and make customer pay.

I will give Fords 1 last chance to replace the door seals, as they can not fix them due to the mess they made when fixing it when I 1st got my car.

I have emailed the C.E.O Mark Ovenden. I await his response.

I would like to see Technical Service Bulletin 59/2008 if any one has it, or can get me a copy please.

I think am in the right to kick up a fuss about this, am I not?

I would not worry about it, if I was still going to change my car, but due to the fact Fords can not get me a Fiesta Titanuim X, I will be keeping this one.

Description: I think this would be the cause of my windows steaming up all the time, and damp patch behind drivers seat.
Attached picture Drivers door seal.jpg
Attached picture Drivers Door seal 2nd.jpg
Attached picture Passenger Door Seal.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 1:04pm
wtf?
i would throw the car back at them and demand another one, that will never be right now, first the water then the rot.

the damage has been done, tell them to get you a new titanium x.

tossers.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 1:25pm
The customer relations have been in touch.

They told me to go to village motors to get there opinion, and they said, the wrong glue was used, and it will be very very hard if not impossible to get the glue of the door without damaging the paint, also needs new weather strip seal.

Spoke to customer relations again, they say book it in with Fords so they can liaise with each other, and they will make sure it is repaired to as new condition.

I am sick of asking Fords for a Titanium X, the excuses I've heard are mind boggling
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 1:59pm
i would be fuming mate, not what is expected when you have bought a new car.

Water leaking into the cab is understandable on something 10 years old.

They should give you a free quality valet too before the damp starts giving off odours. Heaven help you if your seatbelts get damp, they are never the same after that happens.

Good luck mate.
Posted By: RugbyKeith Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 5:36pm
Fords?

Is that an independent? Or did you mean Ford?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 5:47pm

Attached picture tit head.jpg
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 7:48pm
stick at it (sorry for the pun!)you have been sold a car not fit for purpose,demand a fix replacement and talk to trading standards.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 8:20pm
It's a piece of rubber for goodness sake stop moaning and stick it down yourself if it bothers you that much. F.o.r.d,,stands for ,,,,fix or repair daily
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 8:40pm
Originally Posted by s7uajones
It's a piece of rubber for goodness sake stop moaning and stick it down yourself if it bothers you that much. F.o.r.d,,stands for ,,,,fix or repair daily

So shall I get hammer and chisel out and start digging in to get the old glue of the paint work, so as to get a nice clean surface to re-bond using the new glue, or do you suggest I just make a botch up and just pour more glue on and be done with it, for a few weeks before it comes off again, and then keep spending money every few weeks,

If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right first time, that way I wont have to keep doing it,, unlike some people who have to be called out again and again to find a leak on a car air conditioning system. you stick to what your good at, being obnoxious, and posting rubbish, have a good day, If you have nothing to contribute then he is a good idea, say nothing.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 9:43pm
s7uajones it is besides the point, it is a new car and this is unacceptable, i would expect that from an old 2cd hand car but if i bought a new one i would be pretty pissed off it leaked water into the cab, in fact i would be fuming.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 10:38pm
I find the likes of this endearing in old cars,in new cars it is plain annoying,matching people are not required s7uajones.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 7th Nov 2013 11:11pm
I have a 13 year old old it does not leak so if I went an got myself a new car an to find it leaking I would be fuming its not acceptable IMO
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 7:47am
My van engine bent a rod due to an over fuelling problem caused by a leak from the scuttle panel dripping into the engine and filling up the injector well ending in a short in an injector. Renault said TOUGH not our fault
2007 van 73,000 miles owned from new, a new engine cost me 5 grand all told
Maybe I didn't whinge enough
I hope you get your piece of rubber fixed
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 9:19am
My van engine bent a rod due to an over fuelling problem caused by a leak from the scuttle panel dripping into the engine and filling up the injector well ending in a short in an injector. Renault said TOUGH not our fault
2007 van 73,000 miles owned from new, a new engine cost me 5 grand all told
Maybe I didn't whinge enough
I hope you get your piece of rubber fixed

So you are comparing a 6 year old van that is out of warranty (if this problem you had was recent of course) to a car only 3 months into its warranty, for a job that was already claimed solved but botched?

Perhaps we should use your mindset and say stop whining, after all, it's a Renault which doesn't stand for any clever acronym, just big repair bills wink

If however the van was still under warranty at the time then no, clearly you did not whinge enough.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 7:09pm
The car in question is an 11 plate, I think you misread the first post and its used for deliveries not just a pop to the shops and church on Sunday
Anyway what's with the witch hunt
I did this guy a favour and he slags me off on this site
That's why I crawl from under mt stone each time
All I'm saying this society expect too much
If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 8:43pm
The car in question is an 11 plate, I think you misread the first post and its used for deliveries not just a pop to the shops and church on Sunday

I read the first post just fine, and remember Willos' trouble before.
Being an 11 plate car, or the vehicles usage has no bearing on the issue, IIRC the car is under warranty by both the sale of goods act, and I would bet still under manufacture warranty too (unless Ford have a very poor warranty period). A cars faults do not all show themselves as soon as it rolls off the forecourt, some take time to develop.

I find it hard to believe the warranty doesn't cover door seals. If they are, then Willo should still be covered under the Sale of Goods acts, anyone know?

I have had out of warranty expense before, that is the risk you take with older cars, nothing more to it.

If the car is under warranty and has already been admitted by the dealership to be a known fault, it is a warranty issue.
These are your rights as a consumer, not society expecting too much. Obviously warranty only covers a certain amount, but the car was sold on the basis of no leaks and everything was as it should be.

If the car was older say an '08 with no warranty and it was not a recall, then fair enough. The car is under warranty, and Willo is enforcing that warranty, I don't get what the problem is?

In his place you are saying you would take it on the chin?

I don't think it's a witch hunt at all, this is a discussion forum after all, so we are discussing, no pitchforks or torches at the ready wink
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 9:21pm
...its used for deliveries not just a pop to the shops and church on Sunday

what does it matter what it's used for??
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 8th Nov 2013 9:28pm
Having a read up on the issue, it seems that it is pot luck if your dealer will honor the (common) repair.

http://www.fordfiestaforum.com/topic/1671-weather-stripping-rear-door/
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31972-door-seals-peeling/
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36346-fiesta-door-seals/
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forum...-door-seals-first-fixes-for-the-zetec-s/
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/8520-rear-door-seal-loose/

Door seals are apparently classed as a consumable and so not under manufacturers warranty? Although it would seem some dealers will do it for free.
I would still think you have the sale of goods act to fall back on if they decide to dig their heels in.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 10:08am

The car in question is an 11 plate: Exactly it's still under warranty

It's used for deliveries not just a pop to the shops and church on Sunday: What is your point here?

Anyway what's with the witch hunt: It's you that's miss-reading post

I did this guy a favor and he slags me off on this site: Yet again miss-reading post.

All I'm saying this society expect too much: So if something breaks whilst still under warranty, then people should just except it, and be done with it, and pay for repair themselves?

If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong: Your wrong

Ford have admitted the mistake was made on production line, and customer relations are going to foot the bill, and it goes in on Monday.
Posted By: Mark Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 11:37am
Willo members are allowed there opinions there not personal AT you !
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 11:47am
Posted By: Mark Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 12:07pm
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 12:19pm
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 8:37pm
Willo your so easy to wind up
Chill out dude
By the number of posts you have hade edited you must have said some pretty bad things.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 9th Nov 2013 10:08pm
Chill out dude
By the number of posts you have hade edited you must have said some pretty bad things.
So you admit you where just posting to wind me up to get a reaction.
Well you just confirmed you are a troll.

Am saying no more on this thread, as its been ruined by a troll. As per your own admission.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 10th Nov 2013 12:08pm
I said you were easy wound up, not that I was winding you up, different thing
Anyway I'd doesn't detract from the fact you said some Nasty negative things about me in the past. I was trying to help you out and by coments made you would think you I had charged you for each visit, no it was ALL FREE and a new part fitted yes again FREE
And my point is you still moaned
Please don't ever mention me in a negative way again in your posts
Now let this be closure to the ordeal.
Off topic I know but needed to be said
And hope you have some joy with ford
Stu

Posted By: Mark Re: Ford : Drivers door seal peeling off - 10th Nov 2013 1:53pm
Chill out dude

The Posts were out of context, as the issue was resolved.

Originally Posted by Willo_
So you admit you where just posting to wind me up to get a reaction.
Well you just confirmed you are a troll.

Am saying no more on this thread, as its been ruined by a troll. As per your own admission.

* Willo you reacted to members comments with an offensive image (removed).
* This topic was informational about your experience and wanted to warn others.
* Willo you turned the topic into a dispute because people did not agree with you.
* Personal Disputes do not belong on the public forum.
* Take them up elsewhere.

This is not a Troll This is an Opinion !

TOPIC CLOSED !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral