Forums
Posted By: valli VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 12th Sep 2013 9:47pm
My car has been bumped While it was parked .Slight damage to bumper and paintwork.Does anyone know can I buy just the cover for the back light or do you have to buy the whole light fitting.
I was going to go to scrap yard on green lane to see if they had one.If not is there anywhere else I can try.
Posted By: reddragon Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 12th Sep 2013 9:51pm
theres a few yards down Cleveland street borough salvage / neptunes and bout 2 otheror there is Wirral spares on borough road
Posted By: valli Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 12th Sep 2013 10:07pm
Thank you for reply Red,Will try these places you suggested
Posted By: Dilly Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 12th Sep 2013 10:12pm
Its the whole light fitting you need.
Wirral spares 0151 651 2228

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 7:19am
Green lane will say they have none even though there will be 7 or 8 astras sitting off right in front of them so dont bother wasting your time with them.

Wirral spares are the best.
Posted By: Finney Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 9:55am
Dont bother with Borough road car spares they wanted £47 for a new cover. I went to Euro car spares on the Argyle Industrial estate. They ordered one in for me at £28.50 plus vat. I fitted it in ten minutes. ( the price online is £36.60 but they reduced to £28.50 ).

You will only get the lens cover for this but when you take the old fitting off the car you are able to unscrew the bulb holder assembly and fit to new cover
Posted By: Jimbo123 Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 10:02am
Have you tried Ebay? Got my Corsa back light from there very cheap.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 11:36am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Green lane will say they have none even though there will be 7 or 8 astras sitting off right in front of them so dont bother wasting your time with them.

Yeah, they've done that to me too.

I used to use this one on Cleveland Street by Oakesy's Diner but they no longer let you in on your own and prices have shot up.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 12:01pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Yeah, they've done that to me too.

I used to use this one on Cleveland Street by Oakesy's Diner but they no longer let you in on your own and prices have shot up.

They are ok in there Gibbo, you can have a laugh with them and barter their prices down.
Posted By: valli Re: VAUXHALL ASTRA ESTATE.REAR LIGHT COVER - 13th Sep 2013 6:36pm
Thanks everyone for advice.x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral