Forums
Posted By: orangebay obd-1 diagnostics - 26th Jul 2013 7:33pm
Hi, i have an old m plate ford probe which, i believe has obd-1 diagnostics. Can anyone read the codes or know someone who can? I have had the car a while however stupidly laid it up, it is now mot'd and back on the road but runs really rough when hot. I have changed everything i can think of inc Plugs, leads, distributor, temp sensor, maf, throttle body etc) and it is still messing! Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Cheers.
Posted By: Salmon Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 26th Jul 2013 8:56pm
Have you checked the air inlet? Maybe the tube is cracked or a clip needs tightening. Do you have the correct MAF? I am pretty sure there was a modification made to the Probe MAF 93/95 models.
Posted By: orangebay Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 26th Jul 2013 10:16pm
Hi, yeah checked for leaks and all the clips are tight. Pretty sure its the correct maf, came off the same year car and looks the same as old one.
Sadly i really like the car and have very recently had a fair bit of paint work done so its looks well. Feel like selling it but hoping there is someone out there who knows these cars pretty well and can sort it out!
Cheers.
Posted By: turnip Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 26th Jul 2013 10:44pm
Try my dad. He's a mobile mechanic with a few recommendations on here. His name is Steve. Number is 07973402021
Posted By: Marto_martius Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 27th Jul 2013 7:59pm
Have checked to see if the water is topped up. I had a 2ltr one and when the water level dropped to a point it idled a little rough. Have you a four pot or the v6. I have had both versions. Also have you tried joining any of the online probe clubs, fpoc, or ukpoc. They have been a great source of info for me in the past. Marty
Posted By: orangebay Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 29th Jul 2013 9:23pm
Thanks all.
Turnip's Dad has looked at the car and it is hopefully being sorted out shortly.
Will update with the outcome!
ps, checked the water levels and all fine. The Owners Club has been pretty helpfull although i think i have changed all of the common parts now!!
Thanks again.
Posted By: Marto_martius Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 30th Jul 2013 8:00pm
If it was laid up you may have damp somewhere and as it heats up turns into condensation causing a bit of havoc. Hope you get it sorted i love those cars smile
Posted By: orangebay Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 11th Aug 2013 8:14pm
Hi all, quick update on the Ford Probe saga - Turnip's Dad is a star! Car all sorted. 4 different faults identified. All quite minor (although caused the car to run poorly) and rectified at a good price.
I would highly recommend Steve to anyone!
Posted By: Marto_martius Re: obd-1 diagnostics - 16th Aug 2013 5:45pm
Originally Posted by orangebay
Hi all, quick update on the Ford Probe saga - Turnip's Dad is a star! Car all sorted. 4 different faults identified. All quite minor (although caused the car to run poorly) and rectified at a good price.
I would highly recommend Steve to anyone!

Good stuff smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral