Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 8:01am
I had an aftermarket cd player in my 2002 astra. I turned the volume up to about 3/4 of the maximum and it lost all power nothing at all no lights nothing. (ive had the volume louder than this before with no issues)

So i checked my manual for the fuses and they both look fine i tried putting my standard one back in and no power to that either. I even bought a new one (good excuse as any i suppose)and nothing its just dead. On the manual it says fuse 34 and 19 are radio but the other stuff it powers still works (clock/lighter etc)

Anyone have any ideas what else i can try! I cant stand silence!
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 8:08am
Did you try putting it in a bag of rice?
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 8:22am
Have you got a multimeter?
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 8:27am
No mate i havent
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 8:36am
It will be hard to diagnose any electrical fault without a multimeter. I would suggest you get one as it will make the job a hell of a lot easier.

Something like this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/domestic-multimeter-37279
There are obviously more expensive ones that have more bells and whistles, but for light, general use something like that is fine.

They are also essential to have for any kind of electrical/electronics work.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 9:03am
Or go to toolstation and get This one for £5.90

Tool station New Chester Road

Or B&Q This one £5.38
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 9:08am
Do you know if the main live to stereo from car is live, also check earth aswell.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Car stereo power issues. - 15th Jul 2013 9:24am
Im really not sure mate i am borrowing the tester later i cant imagine it to not be live as all i done was turn up the volume i would of thought it could blow a fuse at the most.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral