Forums
Posted By: LittleFoote DAS recommendations - 2nd Jul 2013 7:16pm
Am looking to do DAS for motorbike licence.

Can anyone recommend anyone who is good and competitively priced, or does student discount?
Posted By: luckyme200 Re: DAS recommendations - 3rd Jul 2013 6:47pm
I did mine with Marriott's about 5 years ago, passed first time with no issues. End to end it took about 6 weeks of with just 2 hours a week. The total cost including the two modules was about £350.
They also have all the gear to borrow for your class until you buy your own. Great value!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: DAS recommendations - 3rd Jul 2013 9:50pm
I passed my test in 1971. From what I remember, 3 times round the block, 3 times around the other block, figure of 8 a few times. An emergency stop with the examiner "jumping out" at you from the side of the pavement and waving his clipboard. You could see him a mile off. You then went at walking pace with him, without putting your feet down or stalling the engine. A few road safety questions and you where ready and raring to go with your full license. And none of us ever had a serious crash, a few scrapes but thats all. Ahh the good old days. Not much traffic them days, a few horse and carts :-)
Posted By: TheDr Re: DAS recommendations - 3rd Jul 2013 10:01pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
You then went at walking pace with him...

In those days that would have been the guy with the red flag warning of an approaching horseless carriage.

seeyu
© Wirral-Wikiwirral