Forums
Posted By: Petei123 rear discs and pads problem - 27th Jun 2013 6:24am
I'm having problems with my rear discs and pads on my polo. I've gone through 2 different sets in the past year and I just can't understand why!? It only seems to be the drivers side that is affected. I first took my car to a garage in eastham who had them changed for me, only for the problem to occur again a few months later, so I took it to another garage and bouth the discs and pads myself for them to change. It starts of as like a faint squeeking noise under low acceleration, but when I'm coming to a stop, it makes a sort of grinding noise. I've just had a quick look at my discs when I got to work, and the right onw looks scored, but as far as I can see, the pad is still in there. The left disc though looks completely fine. Does anyone know what this may be before I start throwing more and more money at it?

Thanks
Posted By: sam_w Re: rear discs and pads problem - 27th Jun 2013 7:14am
I drive a fabia and im lead to believe the Polos are very similar, a common problem is the handbrake release on the caliper doesnt always fully release. This could lead to extra wear on the pads/discs, there is a simple test & fix to this problem.

Most information can be found on this thread over on Briskoda:

CLICK HERE
Posted By: StuyMac Re: rear discs and pads problem - 27th Jun 2013 7:42am
Sounds like you have a sticking caliper - has the car been MOTd since you have had this issue as it should show up there...

Posted By: Petei123 Re: rear discs and pads problem - 27th Jun 2013 8:04am
It hadn't had. An MOT the first time around no, but the 2nd time it got its MOT amongst other things. The only advisory on the MOT though was the inner edge of nsf tyre was wearing...
Posted By: turnip Re: rear discs and pads problem - 27th Jun 2013 5:17pm
Hi, if you want me to take a look at the problem give me a call and we can arrange a mutually convenient time. 07973402021 and ask for Steve. My rates are very reasonable.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: rear discs and pads problem - 28th Jun 2013 6:32am
Yep a sticky calliper is your problem
Easy fix
© Wirral-Wikiwirral