Forums
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 10:18am
My wife is starting to look at replacing her car, she is looking for a small car (Corsa, Fiesta etc)probably nearly new (maybe new if there is a good deal going.

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to which dealers on Wirral are ok and (perhaps more importantly) which ones to avoid.

Thanks
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 10:51am
Mitchells in Cheshire Oaks (Main Dealers for Skoda, Mazda & Lexus) have always been good to us and very helpful with after sales, etc for both new and used.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 11:01am
Do you have a type and budget in mind?
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 11:01am
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Mitchells in Cheshire Oaks (Main Dealers for Skoda, Mazda & Lexus) have always been good to us and very helpful with after sales, etc for both new and used.
I second that Rhoobarb,we have bought two cars from Mitchell's,a Skoda and a Mazda and have always found them to be both fair and helpful.You have to remember though that they don't open Sundays due to religious beliefs,and mind you don't get collared by the owner Mark Mitchell,very,very pushy salesman.
Posted By: orangebay Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 11:54am
Windsors in Wallasey are very good. No pressure sales and very good after sale care. Particularly the Mazda guys. I bought my car from them and still take it back for mot's etc as their servicing dept is also fair and reasonable. I will be going back to them when it is time for a new one.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 12:00pm
Depending on your budget if you are looking for a fairly recent model I have always found Ford's of Winsford (no connection to Ford) to be a straight up and reliable firm. They have a vast selection of second hand mostly low mileage cars, usually only a few years old. They have a very good web site with all their stock listed on it with all age and mileage details on each car along with details of credit repayments. It is a handy site to check out the going price for different models. [url=http://www.fow.co.uk/]F.O.W.[/url]
It's worth a look. smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Car Dealers - 13th Jun 2013 10:55pm
avoid Stoneacre Wallasey, I have had many customers complain of their after sales and warranties.
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: Car Dealers - 14th Jun 2013 9:50am
Avoid Stoneacre, they did over 40 credit searches for me for finance, not impressed! I bought my last few new cars from the toyota dealership in Wallasey. They are all very helpful and no pressure!
Posted By: valli Re: Car Dealers - 14th Jun 2013 1:42pm
I have used Taurus Motors Twice as have some of my friends .Excellent customer service from them, cars very reliable, low mileage, good prices.www.taurusmotors.co.uk 419 Pensby rd PENSBY Wirral CH61 9PF
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Car Dealers - 14th Jun 2013 2:04pm
Thanks for the feedback,

Thinking back I have bought from Fords of Winsford myself quite a few years ago and found them to be ok. I also leased a Mazda from Mitchells and again they were good to deal with.

Stoneacres don't seem to be coming out of this well - keep the suggestions coming, thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral