Forums
Posted By: neilmcc Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 10th Jun 2013 7:44pm
Does anyone know where I can get an engine steam cleaned and how much

Cheers neil
Posted By: turnip Re: Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 10th Jun 2013 9:23pm
you would be better with engine degreaser/tfr and a pressure washer
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 10th Jun 2013 9:54pm
It's a fiesta xr2 I was told to steer clear of jet washes
Posted By: TheDr Re: Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 10th Jun 2013 11:15pm
Last time I had an engine steam cleaned, after a particularly bad oil leak, was at the American Car Wash on Hoylake Rd.

It cost about a tenner, and they gave the car a quick wash afterwards as it does spray onto the car.

Google gives their number as 653 2225 so might be worth giving them a call first to check.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 12th Jun 2013 11:41am
I'd never steam clean a modern engine. In fact most of them have a symbol stamped into the plastic of a pressure washer with a big cross through it.

Not only does it bring a risk of damaging electrics, many parts and seals are designed to expect a bit of wet through driving through water, but not under pressure.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Where can I get an engine steam cleaned - 12th Jun 2013 7:54pm
its a 1987 ford fiesta xr2 car so should be ok going to take it to bubbles when i get a chance

cheers neil
© Wirral-Wikiwirral