Forums
Posted By: ludwigvan Car radio reception. - 17th Apr 2013 11:57am
Hi,can anyone recommend someone to have a look at my car radio?Problems started when Mrs Ludwigvan bought me a radio/CD player to replace my Skoda radio (which had excellent reception),she had Halfords fit it and the subsequent tale of woe is too long to regale you with here.Any help much appreciated.
Posted By: Richy Re: Car radio reception. - 17th Apr 2013 3:40pm
Had the same problem myself with my VW. You need to fit a an amplified aerial adapter to the back of the stereo. Is the same with all VW, Audi, and Skodas. The standard stereo has a built in amplifier.

Try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-VAG-A...cles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a802bf7a8
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Car radio reception. - 17th Apr 2013 4:26pm
Hi Richy,yes I know,when Halfords fitted it the reception was terrible so I went back and he said "yeah I know,it needs an amplifier",so I asked why he hadn't fitted one,"didn't have one" says he,and you didn't think to mention it? asked I,"no".Anyway he fitted one,but through a permanent live rather than a switch live which did my old battery no good at all in the winter.It's never been any good which is a shame as its a good set and I would like it sorting out and wouldn't trust Halfords anywhere near it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral