Forums
Posted By: Mike72 BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 10:51am
Hi, I'm off to sunny Scotland on Saturday night for a week and would like some advice on what the basic checks i would need to make sure my Zafira 06 is ok for the journey. Dont have much money to spend, How much do garages charge for this or is it worth doing myself? and what are the checks?
Posted By: venice Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 11:02am
SSure someone else will tell you the basics (OH does mine) but I noticed today that 'Keep it cheap' a family run company in BHead, are doing a 'Living Social ' deal for a service for the reduced rate of £39 . Not saying you need one before you go, but handy to know.
Posted By: bert1 Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 11:11am
http://www.uccc.co.uk/blog/Check-list-for-checking-your-car-before-a-long-journey
Posted By: reddragon Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 11:18am
nice one bert1
Posted By: turnip Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:05pm
The main thing is the coolant and tyres. We have a tool that can check the strength of the antifreeze if you want to pop round. Only takes 2 mins. The rest are just basic checks like oil and wiper fluid.
Posted By: Mike72 Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:15pm
Hi, where are you based and how much does it cost?
Posted By: turnip Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:22pm
Hi Mike, I live in upton. No charge mate, only cost something if the antifreeze needs topping up. And only a couple of quid just to cover the cost. Only because obviously going up north it's going to be colder.
Posted By: Mike72 Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:36pm
Cheers, what's the address and will try and get up there in the next hour?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:39pm
Turnip mate you need to empty your pms.
Posted By: turnip Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 1:50pm
Clear mate.
Posted By: mikroc Re: BasicCar Winter Checks - 13th Feb 2013 4:50pm
Check tyres , lights all work , and all oils an fluids
© Wirral-Wikiwirral