Forums
Posted By: madbaker fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 5:47pm
how much would it cost me to fit a new fuel pump on a vauxhall zafira
Posted By: turnip Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 6:21pm
If you can send me the reg no of the car I can get you a price for supply and fit or just fit if you've already got the part.
Posted By: madbaker Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 7:22pm
53 plate mate
Posted By: turnip Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 7:32pm
Well from that I'd be able to give you a general price but to guarantee its the right one I'd need the full reg. will sort you a price when I get home just after 8.
Posted By: turnip Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 7:43pm
If you can at least give me the engine size and fuel type I can sort you one. Just had a quick look at its looking to be around £115 for an OE fuel pump and fitting.
Posted By: madbaker Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 7:44pm
j66alj 53 plate its a private plate
Posted By: turnip Re: fuel pump - 6th Feb 2013 8:26pm
Ah, didn't realise it was a diesel. What makes you think it needs replacing as the diesel pumps are a lotmore expensive than the petrol. For a new pump you're looking around £1300, or a recon for £800ish plus a refundable surcharge when the broken pump is sent off or a second hand one for £400ish but there's no guarantee that a second hand one will be any better. Plus labour of about £160 if we do it. According to this post vauxhall quoted someone £1680 plus vat and £375 plus vat for labour and that was in 2008.

Are you totally sure it needs a new pump? As far as we know this zafira models pump isnt programmed to the ECU so that shouldn't be a problem.

Posted By: madbaker Re: fuel pump - 7th Feb 2013 9:28am
vauhall have said its the pump and will cost 1500 to fix someone looking at it on monday for him to confirm it is the pump thanks anyway will let you know what they say
Posted By: mrhanky Re: fuel pump - 7th Feb 2013 11:40am
what are the symptoms?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral