Forums
Posted By: louise127 horrible noise - 31st Jan 2013 2:56pm
Hiya Guys, can anyone help me, My Diesel Corsa 09 has started making a sporadic noise from what sounds like the passenge wheel area, bit like a dentists drill, come and goes, no patten to it, braking or just driving along then it will go off for ages then back again, I took it to ATS in Chester and they drove it about and sods law....no noise, but when I get back in it and drive off bugger me off it goes again????? any suggestions
Posted By: lansyp Re: horrible noise - 31st Jan 2013 3:07pm
May be the wheel baring or could be catching the wind on a part of the bodywork
Posted By: louise127 Re: horrible noise - 31st Jan 2013 4:15pm
I'm hoping for the "wind" option Just been to birkenhead and back.........................not one peep????? got a trip to Helby tomorrow so will wait and see
Posted By: Alonso Re: horrible noise - 31st Jan 2013 4:37pm
I had a similar problem with my Matiz just before Xmas. I took it to ATS and they fixed the tracking. Not a noise out of it since, so it had to be something to do with that. They had to use a burner on my car's nearside front wheel it was so badly seized. The outer rim of the tyre was becoming very worn too. I seem to remember clouting the corner of a kerb in Morrison's West Kirby last year so it had to be that. Tyre and tracking cost me £83,00 and it was in between Xmas and New Year's eve. Well worth it as no problems now.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: horrible noise - 1st Feb 2013 8:11pm
Mud flap ?
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: horrible noise - 10th Feb 2013 9:33am
Have you looked at the radiator fan, they can make an awful noise when the bearings are going, and they sound at random as the engine temperature changes?
Posted By: woodsy Re: horrible noise - 13th Feb 2013 2:31pm
Right guys i reckon it will be the front brake pads getting low. This is due to corsa having a metal clip on the brake pads and when they where down the clip touches the discs and make s that noise. Its too give you warning theyre low. Im a mechanic by the way so if im wrong i goin to look daft haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral