Forums
Posted By: Rossyboy Buckets for my civic - 5th Apr 2006 12:31pm
i might order the reclining bucket seats from essex racing but they come with universal subframes. does anyone know where i can get subframes specifically for my civic or if the universal will be ok? and also if theres anywer around here that will fit them, i dont fancy messin around with my seats. cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: Buckets for my civic - 5th Apr 2006 4:58pm
You could try calling / emailing POR Cruisewirral sponsors.

His a fabricator so should be able to help you out.

Visit the sponsor forum. (Paul Oaky Racing)
(He has moved premises recently).
Posted By: scoop Re: Buckets for my civic - 5th Apr 2006 6:59pm
POR could make em fit,no doubt about it,but the universal ones may work.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Buckets for my civic - 6th Apr 2006 10:33am
i didnt even think of that, cheers happy dont suppose either of you know if it would be really expensive?
Posted By: scoop Re: Buckets for my civic - 6th Apr 2006 5:44pm
Well as theyre universal they'll be close to fitting even if they dont fit,now i suspect if they dont fit straight in they may need bending and drilling to match up to the holes and surely it cant be too expensive...........but then again it may take hours of bending,not just a quick kink
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Buckets for my civic - 10th Apr 2006 11:31pm
Thought you might be interested in this post on civiclife: http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2529

Some fella's selling scooby reclining buckets, ready modded to fit an EK for £250. Look to be in ex con too.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Buckets for my civic - 13th Apr 2006 7:27pm
if i got the bucket seats that are in the For Sale section, fixed back Corbeau Forza Sports, would they pass an MOT? i heard fixed back buckets in 3 doors can fail MOTs? and also do you need to use the harnesses or can you use normal seat belts?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Buckets for my civic - 13th Apr 2006 8:11pm
Where the hell did you hear that? I know loadsa people with fixed back buckets in their 3drs and not had any problems. You can and should use normal seatbelts, only take them out if you have EEC approved harnesses.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Buckets for my civic - 14th Apr 2006 10:54am
it was on a civic forum, they said if you have a 3door car you cant have fixed back buckets unless you remove the back seats.
Posted By: scoop Re: Buckets for my civic - 19th Apr 2006 2:58pm
think about it logically and it may make sense to not allow fixed seats in a 3 door,how do u get someone out the back quickly in an emergency,after a crash. If they have a back injury they'd HAVE to cut the car up just to get them out,wheras a recliner could be moved enough to get them out fast. Not sure if thats a law or not but maybe it shud be???
© Wirral-Wikiwirral