Forums
Posted By: scoop Turning sub round - 27th Jan 2005 10:37pm
Can i flip my sub the other way round so the basket is on the outside, the box is a sealed unit so will this mess up the sound if i dont port it(im not gonn port it) or will it sound better, or about the same,HELP confused
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Turning sub round - 28th Jan 2005 1:56am
yes you can turn you sub around at the end of the day the sound is stil travelling into the bass box.

do you want to do this for looks? i have turned 2 of my subs around and there is no sound difference. if you need any help just ask one of the members of Frozen Audio

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby Re: Turning sub round - 28th Jan 2005 2:23am
But arnt your subs "Free Air Sub's" Go Go ????
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Turning sub round - 28th Jan 2005 4:52am
no my subs arnt free air, there isnt that many out there that are truely free air and the ones that are, are silly prices.

as long as the box is air tight you will get the bass out of it. if it is inside or facing out side.

frozen audio needed here to confirm my advice
Posted By: scoop Re: Turning sub round - 28th Jan 2005 1:12pm
Come on Acey boy we need u here, its a alpine SWR1241D and it is currently facing outwards on a seealed box.it is looks i wanna turn it round for yeah but im not willing to have a good lookin but awful sounding set up. Im pretty sure itll need a ported box. Mine is in an alpine box which has a perspex panel on the back with the R logo and u can see the basket but i wanna see the basket outside and the cone inside the box.
Posted By: aceritz Re: Turning sub round - 28th Jan 2005 2:31pm
its irrelavent if its a free air sub, the idea of the box is to amplifiy the sound. as along as the box is 100% sealed you will be fine. no matter which way the sub is facing it is still using the box. Personally alpine aint really good looking subs, personal preference. THIS WONT EFFECT THE SOUND QUALITY

oh wot amp are you using????
Posted By: Neon-O Re: Turning sub round - 1st Feb 2005 7:21pm
Tis a legacy 330. Somethink, those are the only things written on it. 2-1 bridgable and quite old lookin
Posted By: aceritz Re: Turning sub round - 1st Feb 2005 7:25pm
you see with some amps you can select which way round the subs are mounted. But they are on high spec models.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Turning sub round - 2nd Feb 2005 1:36am
if you mount them upside down it creats more feely bass, but if you leave them the right way round you can hear more of the bass
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Turning sub round - 2nd Feb 2005 10:27pm
i found a little quieter but no loss of quality.
do it they luk kool
Posted By: dad Re: Turning sub round - 4th Feb 2005 12:50am
i bought my sub box with one sub cone faceing out and one cone faceing in all sealed with perspex (look in motorworld catalog)and it all works fine and gives plenty of bass (it does have ports in the top tho)
hope this helps !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral