Forums
Posted By: Rossyboy Help with possible boot build - 3rd Mar 2006 1:12pm
iv got infinity 6x9s(fitted) and infinity components(not fitted), i want 2 10 inch subs for my boot but cant find any packages anywer. if i got 2 10 inch subs would i need 2 amp wiring kits or would just one be enough? i also want another set of 6x9s in my parcel shelf powered by an amp so im thinkin id need a 4 channel amp for this?
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Help with possible boot build - 3rd Mar 2006 1:13pm
oh and im not sure if a power cap would be needed. also would it be possible to fit a switch in between the battery and the amp to turn it off and on when i want?
Posted By: scoop Re: Help with possible boot build - 3rd Mar 2006 2:22pm
2 subs can be ran from 1 amp,thus 1 amp wiring kit
however,if u get more 6x9s u'll need another amp (get one BIG 2 channel/bridgable 4 channel for the subs and 1 4 channel for 4 speakers,run 2 speakers of your head unit (the ones with the lowest RMS rating)

Power caps an idea with that many speakers,and thers no need for a switch as the AMP comes on when the head unit is on (thats what a remote lead is for)
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Help with possible boot build - 3rd Mar 2006 2:44pm
cheers. dont suppose you know of anywhere that will sell a sub/amp package with 2 10 inch subs do you? iv looked at loads of places on the internet but no joy yet.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help with possible boot build - 4th Mar 2006 7:04pm
Have you tryed the back of the mags, some time you get subs buy 1 get 1 free with a dual box, then get ur amp seperatley. And yes mate i would go for a power cap u can get 1 farad really cheap now and i think that is all you need. Stay away from splx.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Help with possible boot build - 5th Mar 2006 10:08pm
i bought a mutant sub enclosure from halfords, 2 10" dual band pass enclosure, 4 ohm woofers, 150watt+150watt RMS, 600watt+600watt max power. does anyone know what amp would be suitable? it says on the user guide a mutant NW280SP is recommended but im sure its a 2 channel, wouldnt it need to be a 4 channel for 2 subs?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help with possible boot build - 5th Mar 2006 10:49pm
yes it would, add up the maxinum powers of the 2 subs, and get an amp that size, a amp lower than that will work but the sound quality is restricted, if you get an amp more powerfull and have the gain down then this is better. But the more power the more money. Think a 600watt amp would be okay imo. Speak to the guy in soundwaves, he knows lots see what he recomends and then buy from somewhere else cause he is more expensive from other such as bassjunkies
© Wirral-Wikiwirral