Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 2:37pm
When the car arrives Im gonna want to fit some 6x9's on the rear shelf with an amp (Already have the amp), but can anyone recommend some decent 6x9's confused

As you may have guessed Im not really in to my ICE, but do like a decent quality when I do have the sterio on.

So, not looking to spend £100 on a pair, but I dont really want the cheapest of the cheap, whats the best kinda budget 6x9?

Cheers
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 2:45pm
come into Halfords, we've got a few sets that are decent. i've got infinity 6x9s in my civic, they sound really nice. cant remember how much they were now, not that expensive though.
Posted By: scoop Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 3:51pm
Alpine Type Rs? i bought mine 2 years ago for 120 quid,they shud be a lot cheaper now and are awesome for 6x9s, i dont really rate 6x9s tho,maybe get some 80 quid 6 1/2 components
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 4:29pm
i have vibe hex 6x9's and i have yet to hear some1 else's 6x9's put them 2 shame. you can get em for £75 off www.caraudiosecurity.com or .co.uk
and also u can get em for £100 with a free amp off www.bassjunkies.com -
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 5:22pm
yeah the infinity 6x9's are really decent and their only £50 in halfords, can handle huge ammount of power without disstorting aswell, aggy and i had them in our installs
Posted By: GazzA Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 3rd Mar 2006 6:12pm
check out these sites for bargins -

http://www.bassjunkies.com/
http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk/acatalog/CATALOG.html
Posted By: Pomp Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 5th Mar 2006 12:02am
check out dis site nice low price products/items www.gbkperformance.co.uk
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 5th Mar 2006 11:37am
i would say the vibe's because that give loads of bass coz of those huge magnets. either those or some soundstreem 1's
Posted By: GazzA Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 5th Mar 2006 1:34pm
just thinking then, that your not gonna be after bass are you?...

go for a set of 6x9's like vibe with high RMS but make sure you use and amp capable of getting near it and also buy some door speakers as it wont increase the bass but will increase the quality loads!

Try:
6x9s - Sony XS-F693G (£40 from bassjunkies)
door speakers - Sony XSHT170SN(£72.99 from MCS-direct)

get them powered with an 800w 4ch amp and you've got just wot you need...

good one being Toxic
Toxic TX-800N (£100 from bassjunkies)
Posted By: GazzA Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 10th Mar 2006 3:14am
If ya aint found any yet, just been looking on Ebay and the new Vibe selection (FLi) are doing powerful 6x9's for £35

A pair of these and the FLi door speakers and ya got good little speakers for £70
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Can anyone recommend some 6X9's? - 10th Mar 2006 9:29am
Cheers guys, but Ive got a pair of Pioneers of Mr Adam smile

Cheers for your help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral