Forums
Posted By: lawton flocked dash - 6th Mar 2006 11:48pm
been offered a flocked dash like the ones you see in rally cars, so was just wondering has anyone had one, do they look good and are they any good,
heres a couple of pics,
flocked dash
£120

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dazza Re: flocked dash - 7th Mar 2006 12:50am
Not worth it as it wont really be used (Its to get rid of the dash glare when the sun shines on it)
Posted By: DavidB Re: flocked dash - 7th Mar 2006 6:32pm
Totally pointless and picks up dust and dirt like you wouldn't believe, it's just another sunstrip/lexus lights trendy thing to put on a car.
It's expensive stuff as well.

It's only meant to go on the top of the dash to stop it reflecting in the windscreen, is the whole thing covered?
Posted By: lawton Re: flocked dash - 7th Mar 2006 7:24pm
yeah, the whole thing is covered apart from the heater bit in the middle, i quite like it, no one else round here seems to have one and iam sure i wouldnt lose much money if i came to sell it in a year or so
Posted By: GazzA Re: flocked dash - 7th Mar 2006 7:43pm
wot the **** is it?..
Posted By: Dazza Re: flocked dash - 7th Mar 2006 7:48pm
Basicly the dashboard board is covered with glue and electro-fibers are blasted on to it, when it drys it feels like 'velvet' and stops the glaze when the sun shines on the dash.

Was on my 'to-do' list but right the way at the bottom, IMO its pointless on a everyday car
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: flocked dash - 9th Mar 2006 11:54am
Get it man!! well gud coz u would be one of a kind and thats what it is all about in the end!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: flocked dash - 10th Mar 2006 1:01am
I never knew it was blasted onto it, always thought it was just special sheet of stretchy fabric glued onto it.
You will be able to sell it though no probs.
Posted By: scoop Re: flocked dash - 13th Mar 2006 2:16pm
unique,altho i think the bits that arent done,heater and passenger bit part thingybopper look daft as they arent done
Posted By: Dazza Re: flocked dash - 13th Mar 2006 2:24pm
StationMiek: Its very interesting how they do it, but it is done with electro-fibers as I remember reading something about it. Cool eh?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: flocked dash - 13th Mar 2006 6:58pm
Originally posted by Macca GSI:
Get it man!! well gud coz u would be one of a kind and thats what it is all about in the end!!
I prefere to be normal and like evry1else than a d-head that stands out from the croud ha ha ha, only messin with ya lawton. Wnt matt black paint give the same effect?????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral