Forums
Posted By: xcorix amp wiring kit? - 4th Jan 2006 10:29pm
hi all i got my 4 channel amp wired up just to realise that only 2 channels work cant take it bak its off ebay so im gonna use that to power my 6x9s then get anutha 1/2 channel amp for my sub but do i need anuther wiring kit or is there a way i can use the one kit for both amps with as little extra work as possible tease
Posted By: GazzA Re: amp wiring kit? - 4th Jan 2006 10:38pm
new wiring kit, if your getting another amp make sure your head unit will allow it otherwise you'll have to cheat and use a line driver which i think makes one outlet into two outlets?
Posted By: xcorix Re: amp wiring kit? - 4th Jan 2006 10:41pm
dnt think it will i got one sub out thingy god im makin sooo much sense tonite tease
Posted By: scoop Re: amp wiring kit? - 5th Jan 2006 4:46pm
u dont need a full new amp wiring kit,you need a power cable a few inches long to go from one amp to the other for power,another earth lead,a tiny remote lead spliced into the other remote,the only thinng u do need is the RCA,and if uve only got one pre-out then..............ask aceritz or summut,cos im ****ed there
Posted By: xcorix Re: amp wiring kit? - 5th Jan 2006 10:53pm
k now im even more confused tease
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: amp wiring kit? - 5th Jan 2006 11:18pm
Wot u need is a Distribution Block which is a block which will take the power lead from the battery and allow u to take 2 or more power supplys from it to feed multipul amps. dead cheep from motorworld or a car audio shop.and to get the pre out to supply 2 amps u need a splitter which will fit into 1 pre out and allow u to get 2 out of it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral