Forums
i have 3 amps but im not sure which one to fit into my jeep.

the problem i have got on all 3 is the input from my head unit requires RCA leads into the amps but my head unit does not have RCA leads, it only has speaker wires thumbsup
either the fusion or the pro plus. 4 the sub use the splx to power some components or a set of 6x9's
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 30th Dec 2005 11:20pm
Fusion for the sub,what wattage/channels is it,model name aint no good to me,proplus and SPLX arent my fave makes TBH

As for the head unit problem,i highly doubt u can have them amped without any pre outs (RCA)how old is said head unit?
the head unit is about 1 year old, im not sure of the wattage of the fuson amp, it doesnt say in the manual.
Wattage should be on a plate somewhere on the amp Kim.
doesnt say on it anywere mate.
Can you take some pics and put them up so people get a better idea?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 2nd Jan 2006 2:45am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 2nd Jan 2006 5:11pm
Spec of fusion amp

Features

* 2-Ohm Stable Operation
* Gold Plated RCA Inputs/Outputs
* FUTRANZ Efficient Heat Sink Design Technology
* F.I.S.T Fusion Intercooled Semi-Conductor Technology
* FRAT Fusion Regulated Amplifier Technology
* Variable Subsonic Filter 20 Hz - 55 Hz
* Variable HP and LP Electronic Crossover @ 18dB/Oct
* 4-AWG Power/Ground Connections
* Damping Factor > 200
* Military Spec Componentry
* CHANNELS:
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- 5 - 38,000 Hz
* POWER:
- 2 x 70W RMS @ 2 Ohms
- 2 x 50W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- 1 x 140W RMS Bridged @ 4 Ohms
* STABLE TO:
- 2-Ohm Stereo
- 4-Ohm Mono
* S/N RATIO:
- > 90 dB
* THD:
- 0.05%
* DIMENSIONS:
- 2.25 in x 8.5 in x 8.25 in

That means it'll run a set of average components/6x9s pretty well,but when bridged itll underpower pretty much any sub u can think of.Definately not a sub-amp
if you do get a new head unit go for the JVC HD-LHX551. ive just fitted one to my car, its amazin!!! i work in halfords so i got it for £180 with the wiring adapter. if i come to the next cruise you should have a look. Touch screen, 2xline out, 4x52w, motorised face.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 3rd Jan 2006 5:43pm
Sell all those amps and start fresh...

think of it like this... smile

New Car
New year
New install wink
Originally posted by Scoobys b*tch:
i have 3 amps but im not sure which one to fit into my jeep.

the problem i have got on all 3 is the input from my head unit requires RCA leads into the amps but my head unit does not have RCA leads, it only has speaker wires happy
amp 1 : fusion encounter FE402
amp 2 :pro plus v800 600 watts
amp 3 :splx spla350 350 watts

which would be the best amp to use?

any advice is welcome thumbsup
sorry just thought i would let u know that some amps accept high voltage inputs such as ur speaker wires from the headunit maybe one of ur three amps may have this option aswell as the rca leads, just check may save ya a bit of cash happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 3rd Jan 2006 8:40pm
if the amp doesnt accept high inputs you need to purchase a line converter, these can be used to convert the rear speaker wires into a rca out put, its best to convert them at the headunit end, simply because you need to have a seperate negative for the line converter, and wots best is you can still use the speaker wires to power your rear speakers, so you dont loose out on that one either. any trouble from this give me a shout, seems as these people on here ignore stuff they dont understand
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 3rd Jan 2006 10:15pm
dont listen to chris, he s a biff, why dont you see aggy, i recon he knows his stuff, he must do as he won sound off of the year etc
Posted By: GazzA Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 4th Jan 2006 1:22am
Originally posted by sanchez:
dont listen to chris, he s a biff, why dont you see aggy, i recon he knows his stuff, he must do as he won sound off of the year etc
wiring subs is a piece of piss when you have amps which are made for them wink
thanks everyone, hopefully i will be able to get this sorted now. im taking a week off work soon to get my jeep sorted, cant wait.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 4th Jan 2006 12:31pm
Kim, look at wot i said in the topic about robie's ice....

Toxic all the way

cheap and powerful wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Scoobys B*tch's ice install : advice needed - 4th Jan 2006 3:41pm
lol, fusion all the way, don t know why though lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral