Forums
Posted By: sted perspex boot shelf - 9th Jul 2004 11:40pm
hi is this a good or bad idea please give honest opions????
Posted By: alex mc Re: perspex boot shelf - 10th Jul 2004 12:06am
u would b able 2 see all the wires. abit random but anyway: have you gone into the JD SPORTS in liverpool!! they have sum realy cool light emmiting perspex which gathers the light and emmits it out the sides!! it lights up and looks very smart!! all u need is a bit of that an sum neons and ya laughin!!! but up 2 u!! wud eather look realy gud or realy tacky!!
Posted By: aceritz Re: perspex boot shelf - 12th Jul 2004 12:37am
If done right it can look nice, but as alex said you have a major problem with the wires, also security, everyone can see into your boot

I have seen it done before when only a section of the shelf is done in perspex, at the end of the day, it wont hurt to have a go, if you come across any problems, give me a shout
Posted By: sted Re: perspex boot shelf - 15th Jul 2004 10:10pm
ok i mite have a go in about a week thx for the advice but am goin to try and find a way to get the wires hid any ideas also about security i am thinkin of really blckin out the back window so mite not be a problem ??
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: perspex boot shelf - 15th Jul 2004 11:05pm
when i made my stealth shelf obviously u cant see the wires but i take them in a shape underneath so both wiring looks neat underneath if you do this with the perspex then im sure it wud look just as neat, all i can say when makin the shelf "take your time, dont rush"
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: perspex boot shelf - 15th Jul 2004 11:10pm
why not get led wire wraps, they are just like those lights every one had a christmas going round the house, but your wires are hidden in side, might look like a good feature aswell

have fun
Posted By: sted Re: perspex boot shelf - 16th Jul 2004 3:00pm
any idea were i would get them ??
Posted By: cavsri Re: perspex boot shelf - 25th Jul 2004 1:36pm
Let me know what size/thickness perspex you need and I will see what I can get my hands on through work.
Posted By: joe Re: perspex boot shelf - 25th Jul 2004 4:10pm
don't know if any ones seen pimp my ride on mtv the put perspex in this lads cars and looked well good
Posted By: cavsri Re: perspex boot shelf - 25th Jul 2004 6:32pm
If you were worried about security why not use a smoked type of perspex.

Mount some neons under it. You wont be able to see the speaker wires either.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Crevis Re: perspex boot shelf - 25th Jul 2004 8:01pm
the smoked perspex sounds realy good mate with some nice neons under it defo
Posted By: sted Re: perspex boot shelf - 26th Jul 2004 4:27pm
ya sounds great how much does it cost
Posted By: cavsri Re: perspex boot shelf - 26th Jul 2004 5:16pm
What size is your shelf?

Max thickness they do is 10mm, but I reckon you would be better off using two sheets of 5/6mm with a batton around the outside edge. Box in all your wires and lights, mount the lights to the wood (easier to screw them to than plastic). Use some nice chrome screws to put it together and finnish it off.

If it's done right it will look well sweet.
Posted By: sted Re: perspex boot shelf - 28th Jul 2004 9:53pm
not sure how big it is but will measure it in the mornin ok
© Wirral-Wikiwirral