Forums
Posted By: AX_125 BMW X5 Playstation advice - 4th Jan 2005 2:57pm
Mate of mine has a BMW X5 with, as far as i am aware, a starndard setup inside.

He has the built in screen in the dashboard and a consule to control it on the dashboard and there is one for people in the rear to control it to an extent.

He wants advice on how to fit a ps2, weather or not it will be an easy job etc and some information on the built in car phone.

Can anyone help? I can try and get him to go the the rock tonight, he is the older brother of a clio driver that frequently goes to your meets
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: BMW X5 Playstation advice - 9th Jan 2005 11:22pm
tbh i would ask the dealer as i wouldn't wanna mess around with the controll center of a bmw, im sure there is a way u can hook up a ps2 to it buy just using the yellow av wire but i wouldn't like to try it my self incase it goes wrong, talk to the dealer or a certified electrician, as it could go very wrong
Posted By: Scooby Re: BMW X5 Playstation advice - 10th Jan 2005 12:50am
Okay, The phone kit would need a BMW manual if it is a factory fitted BMW phone kit. If it is a aftermarket phone kit then let me know the make and model and i can get a printed manual for it hopefully ??

Playstation is easy providing the DVD Unit has a Video input socket somewhere on it and audio RCA sockets. The audio/video lead on the rear of the playstation has three wires coming off it, 1 video (Yellow) and the other two are Audio, these should simply plug into the DVD Unit auxillary sockets somewhere (If the sockets are there) ?

To power the Playstation you need either a power convertor to convert the 12 volts to 240 volts, this way you can simply put the plug into the power invertor as you would at home. 150 watt invertor would be ample to feed the Playstation.

Or secondly you can get your Playstation converted into a 12 volts, this means the playstation would have to be sent away to be done (I dont know anyone local whom does it) and that way it can simply be hard wired to the vehicles wiring.

Finally find a suitable location to mount the playstation, you would have to probably make some mounting brakets ??

Hope this helps
happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral