Forums
Posted By: Neon-O I.C.E. Install and Car Warranty - 21st Jan 2005 4:06pm
Does anyone know if an ICE install of some sort would void the warranty on my car ?

I've spoken to the vauxhall dealership guy about some things and he told me i can basically do stuff to the car that can be removed without effecting the car.

So bascially i couldn't cut holes in the parcel shelf or drill somethin to the inside of the boot. (im not too experienced on what an ICE install involves so im unsure of whether its possible without major work.)

Im not after a huge smart install or anythin, but its the type of mod i'd love to get done. Any help or advice at all will be appreciated, cheers happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: I.C.E. Install and Car Warranty - 21st Jan 2005 4:31pm
as you have said anything that is removable is fine
just spoke to the service desk myself and a straight forward swap on the headunit is fine,
as for amp wiring they cant see it being a problem and shouldn't void your warrenty, providing it is done correctly.

none of frozenaudio's work involves drilling or cutting any part of the car, the complete install is removavle providing you have the time to take it out
Posted By: Neon-O Re: I.C.E. Install and Car Warranty - 21st Jan 2005 4:41pm
Ah, cheers matey that helps alot, Although the headunit in the new astra is a bit different, Theres a front panel on it that looks easialy removable but not sure how its like behind that.

Just wondering though what is the usual cost for say buying an average install and having it fitted ?
Posted By: aceritz Re: I.C.E. Install and Car Warranty - 21st Jan 2005 4:47pm
completely depends on wot you want in it, wot sort of equipment, how you want it to sound too contributes a lot to it. can go over ideas in person, whilst looking at your boot
Posted By: Neon-O Re: I.C.E. Install and Car Warranty - 21st Jan 2005 5:03pm
Yea thats probably best, we can just chat whenever i see ye next, ill probably be out tonight sometime. Or every night for that matter happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral