Forums
Posted By: lansyp yamaha dtr help - 2nd Aug 2012 9:21am
hi all is there any one on here that knows any thing about 2 stroke dtr bikes .its my sons and its driving me mad .he was riding it and came to his flat and he said it just lost power and died .changed the coil ,spark ,petrol have checked all the wires and wd40 them .i am now officialy pi--ed off with it.have to get it going because he wants to tidy it up and sell it for a different bike please help cheers paul
Posted By: AndyD Re: yamaha dtr help - 2nd Aug 2012 11:07am
I used to have a 50cc aprilia scooter which used to just cut out and die.

What it turned out to be was the exhausted coked up because of the restricters that are installed in bikes to increase the back pressure and slow the engine down.

Also, could be a fuel line problem
Posted By: mrhanky Re: yamaha dtr help - 2nd Aug 2012 11:26am
is it sparking and getting fuel through?

has he been running it on cheapy two stroke oil?
Posted By: lansyp Re: yamaha dtr help - 2nd Aug 2012 12:57pm
it was running fine and then just seem to die slowly .i can get a back fire out of it when using easy stert and have completely cleaned the carb so i am still scratching me head lol
Posted By: ScottVernon55 Re: yamaha dtr help - 3rd Aug 2012 4:36pm
Ive got 3 yamaha dtrs an know what i am doing with them most of the time, get ur son too give me a call an id come round an have a look if ur not too far .
07775688910 . smile
Posted By: lansyp Re: yamaha dtr help - 4th Aug 2012 7:30am
hi scott will tell him but think i know what it is now .after cleaning every thing on the carb and stuff .i suddenly realised i didnt check the pipe going into the carb and found a clogged filter so we are going to try jump start it later but will let you know but thanks. will let you know how we get on .oh yes we are in rock ferry near the bus depot
© Wirral-Wikiwirral