Forums
Posted By: Excoriator The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 10:21am
Can anyone advise me as to how to remove the cover from the wing mirror of a 2006 Ford Focus?

Someone stole mine, and I bought a replacement from M53 Ford in Birkenhead(£55 for a cheap plastic moulding!) and was told it just clicks into place. It does, but one side is projecting slightly. Evidently I have not fitted it correctly. However it is immoveable. I need to remove the mirror to get at the catches holding it in place, but how?

The good folk at M53 are more than happy to put right the result of their inadequate advice but I would have to pay a further £10 to £15 for them to do so, and I do not see why I should.

Throughout the discussion with Messrs M53 Ford I was struck by their total indifference to their customers needs and by the enthusiasm with which they turn others misfortune into another opportunity to screw them for more cash. This is not the only occasion I have suffered from this attitude from them either, I'm sorry to say.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 10:27am
Sorry to hear about your predicament and am sure someone on here knows the answers.

It was your last paragraph that really caught my attention. It is amazing how the salesman wants to be your best friend, blah, blah, blah, but once you have bought they couldn't care two hoots.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 10:41am
Sadly, all too common with most of the big boys. The glitzy, bling filled reception areas manned by suited numpties who wouldn't know a gudgeon pin from a scraper ring all have to be paid for. That's why you are paying £55 for something with a production cost of a quid or two (if that).

The only thing that sorts them out is WIDESPREAD BAD PUBLICITY !!!

A "Grade A" fizzer of an email/letter to Ford's (the Organ Grinder - not the monkey) would be a good start.

Give 'em hell !!!
Posted By: Salmon Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 12:28pm
This might be useful
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-150904.html
Posted By: Excoriator Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 4:57pm
Thanks for your help and sympathy.

I have written a complaining letter to the MD of M53 Ford, and in the hope that it will do some good also forwarded a copy to Ford UK. I don't really suppose it will but it made me feel better anyway.

The misalignment is really not that noticeable and it is firmly attached so I guess I'll live with it. It was the total lack of empathy that got my goat more than anything else. Hopefully my letter will help them improve their service to others, although I'm not optimistic.

I'll let you know if anything substantial happens. Don't hold your breath!

To finish on a positive note, I've always had excellent service from Ian Barclay just up the road in Rock Ferry, and I've found Bathers good and trustworthy too.
Posted By: DJDuck Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 24th Jul 2012 11:25pm
Buy a Ford and what do you expect, bunch of shysters who like Henry Ford knock out mass produced "boring cars" with no aftercare....Audi are the best, get yourself a decent car!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 25th Jul 2012 8:10am
Well, I think that's a bit simplistic. The car itself has been OK. I am thinking of buying a Kia Picanto as a local runabout, attracted by the seven year warranty. Has anyone any experience of how good (or bad) their warranty is? Or the cars themselves indeed?
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 25th Jul 2012 10:24am
Originally Posted by DJDuck
Buy a Ford and what do you expect, bunch of shysters who like Henry Ford knock out mass produced "boring cars" with no aftercare....Audi are the best, get yourself a decent car!

Luck of the draw - I had a brand new Audi 6 that fractured an exhaust manifold pipe when it was about 6 months old. The car was off the road for three weeks while they tried to source a replacement from Germany
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 25th Jul 2012 10:48am
As well as the Pinz, I've got a 10yr old Fiesta. (Stop sniggering at the back!) Only one "failure" in that time - a front wheel bearing. Other than that, no problems. Just discs and brake pads. Still original battery and exhaust. I keep it's bum slathered in Waxoyl as a tin worm deterrent ! Once out of guarantee, it's been kept WELL away from any of the big boy garages. Local one-man outfits if I want an "expert" opinion on anything.

As B_H said - Luck of the Draw really.
Posted By: ging69er Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 27th Jul 2012 9:08am
I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE BOTH OF MINE IN THE LAST 12MTHS HAD NO PROBLEM THEY JUST CLIPPED STRAIGHT IN IF YOU FITTED IT WRONG IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO BRAKE IT TO GET IT OFF !!!!

BEEN IN THERE MANY TIMES, THEY ALWAYS LOOK AFTER ME.
Posted By: Mark Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 27th Jul 2012 10:06am
wikitext

wink
Posted By: ging69er Re: The helpful folk at M53 Ford. - 27th Jul 2012 10:36am
sorry for using caps on me message forgot
© Wirral-Wikiwirral