Forums
Posted By: Clive Ford Focus Map Sensor - 20th May 2012 8:14pm
Does any one know where the map sensor on a 2001 focus 1.6 zetec 16v is, loads of places online sell them for mine, but can i hell find it on mine.

Done searches online it says its inbetween inlet manifold pipe 1 and 2, but there isn't one on mine.
Posted By: dayve Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 21st May 2012 11:01pm
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/morse248RPA/Intake.jpg Hopefully the above link will work. Its a photo of the MAP sensor on a 1.6 (even though its labelled as a maf. I have had an intermittent irratic idle for months and have been advised that this is the cause. Shame I have replaced, plugs, leads, coil pack, idle valve, injector rail, injectors and fuel pressure regulator and breather pipes. Fingers crossed eh?
Posted By: Clive Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 22nd May 2012 6:17am
Mine does not have this, neither does it have hole for it to go.
Posted By: dayve Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 22nd May 2012 8:57am
Ok. Hope this is not a stupid question. Are you sure your car has one. You get either a MAP sensor 1.6 (air pressure) or you also get MAF sensor (air flow) You will have one or the other not both. If you dont have the map sensor, you should have the MAF sensor which is fitted to the pipe which comes out of the air filter box
Posted By: Clive Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 22nd May 2012 9:03am
Yes it has a maf sensor, just been to ford mechanic and he says it has not got a map sensor, but they say idle control valve is faulty, but i dont fancy paying out £50 for new one, and find out that its not causing the high revving
Posted By: dayve Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 22nd May 2012 9:13am
I tend to get my parts second hand on ebay. I know there is a risk involved but moneys tight
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Ford Focus Map Sensor - 28th May 2012 12:46pm
I've known two people replace their MAF sensors and fitted duff second hand ones in the past month. They've then thrown more unnecessary parts at the car in a vain attempt to fix it.

Wouldn't a diagnostic bring up the faulty part? It certainly does on the Peugeots, as the MAF sensor is a common fail part around 80,000.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral