Forums
Posted By: bigtalk2011 mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 8:52pm
hi guys im not advertising here just looking for advice i want to set up a mobile valeting buisness i have cleaned cars to perfection before can any give any advice on things i should no any help would be really appriciated thanks
Posted By: Archaeo Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 9:03pm
dont do what the mobile Valet I paid for did last week and throw all the paper and crap he couldn't hoover under my car for me to find when I moved the car. He's lost a stack of repeat business.
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 9:15pm
that is something i would never do simply bag it and bin it i have alot of attention to detail and if something doesnt look right i will do it again till its perfect
Posted By: cmw2a Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 9:19pm
Have you tried Wirral Biz? they're there to help people set up in business. http://www.wirralbiz.biz/site/
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 9:22pm
thanks will give them a try was also wondering if there is a demand for mobile valeters in the area and what could make mine stand out from others
Posted By: Volly Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 9:25pm
Wirral biz helped me set up my business.
I believe they have gone now though?maybe wrong but good luck with your venture
Posted By: TheDr Re: mobile valeting - 14th May 2012 10:25pm
I've seen the Wirral Biz sign/building as I'm leaving ToolStation on the New Chester Rd.

As you come out of their car park it's the building on the right.
Posted By: turnip Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 2:18am
Insurance is a big part, especially when dealing with something as expensive as a car. Make sure you have suitable insurance before anything in the case of any accidents.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 5:30am
Just my opinion Put your money and time into sometink else, its not like it was 20 years ago when i first started there's to many at it now to even make a living out of it, That's why I moved on with a change in career. The best of luck with what ever you end up doing. thumbsup

Originally Posted by turnip
Insurance is a big part, especially when dealing with something as expensive as a car. Make sure you have suitable insurance before anything in the case of any accidents.

withthat
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 6:31am
jase what would you suggest
Posted By: kamikazi Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 6:37am
If you want some advice then I am happy to meet up and point you in the right direction. Currently mentoring 4 start ups. No charge.

K
Posted By: madrob Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 6:47am
Think about all the raining days and the early dark nights trust me i no i run bubbles hand car wash and hard to make any money when it rains alot
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 8:02am
bubbles in ellesmere port thanks rob i was thinking of somethink like a pop up gazebo with attachible sides or somethink similar
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 8:03am
also what does it intale of working as self employed which confuses me i.e paying taxes etc
Posted By: madrob Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 8:28am
No the one on break rd birkenhead
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 8:37am
bin there do a good job mate keep it up
Posted By: rossie Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 4:55pm
you need to register with hmrc for tax and nic. If Wirral Biz has gone there will be another agency in its place. There are schemes to help set you up.
If I was going self employed I would look at setting up gardening services. Wirral is full of elderly people with large gardens.(including me)
Good Luck
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: mobile valeting - 15th May 2012 5:41pm
thanks for your comment rossie but i have no clue on gardening i just about manage to cut my own grass ha ha ha but i no a good gardener if u r looking for one take care
© Wirral-Wikiwirral